Furniture Arrangement

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gillumhouse

Staff member
Reaction score
Look at the way the furniture is arranged in the guestroom. Is there another possibility? I thought I had my smaller rooms arranged the "only way possible". Then I looked at it again (finally!) and rearranged Rosi's Room. It has NO TV yet has become the most popular room after the private bath is taken - and it the farthest from the bathroom.
I reversed locations of the bed and the dresser and although there is not a LOT of room along the sides, it opened up the room for seeming spacious. After I come up with the PR money for the Nov project I am saving up to replace the queen with a king and move the queen into Rosi's Room (both rooms will then get a rate increase of course, and eventually replace the other full with a queen also. I have some ideas for rearranging that room also that entails getting rid of a standing mirror DH liked. And if I get a flat screen TV wall mounted, I can get rid of a dresser in the big rom and install a comfy arm chair or a small desk and I am leaning toward the desk. So many ideas and so little money.....

I've done the same thing. We had all the furniture out of the rooms to clean the carpets and then later to replace the carpets and that's when I started playing with the arrangements. It's still set up so no rooms have beds on an abutting wall, but it makes more sense, to me, the way they are now.
All the doubles are gone now. And the queen beds are being replaced as money allows.

We rearranged a table and chairs after some guests moved them to see the view better. I don't know why we hadn't thought of that ourselves. It's a good idea to look at each room with fresh eyes once in a while.

I am working through to buy Flat screen TV's as I can afford them as they will take up a lot less space. Some rooms will have smaller chairs to make more space i try and take 10 mins a week to take a look and have a think.

I know that I appreciated input from other innkeepers (and guests) about what might work better. :) It would be great if we had some other appraising, but not critical eyes to help us out.
We all get in ruts......... :)

We re-arranged ALL the rooms just before summer. Took out some huge furniture pieces and replaced/consolidated with smaller and more practical pieces...rooms look and feel so much bigger now! Every little bit helps when you're as small as we are....2150 square feet altogether! :)

We re-arranged ALL the rooms just before summer. Took out some huge furniture pieces and replaced/consolidated with smaller and more practical pieces...rooms look and feel so much bigger now! Every little bit helps when you're as small as we are....2150 square feet altogether! :).
We are 2350 including the furnace room under our "living room" aka DH's studio.

I am also trying to get smaller more functional pieces as for example wardrobes most of our people are 2 or 3 nights at most so don't need a huge wardrobe so I am trying to get single ones to free up a bit more space and so on. I am also trying to get a desk/dressing table into all of our rooms as so many people come for work they need a surface with a power point in it.

Back