Furniture

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sounds high priced to me too. If you get solid wood furniture for nightstands or dressers, you might want to invest in glass tops for them to protect your investment.
I replaced several "antique" (read old and not very nice with water rings and other damages to the surfaces) nightstands that I inherited from the POs of my house next door with stylish, but serviceable side tables from places like TJ Maxx. The surfaces were polyurethaned or glass so not prone to damage and if they got ruined, I was not out hundreds of dollars. People remarked on how nice they were all the time! Go figure...
I would advise to put your money in good quality beds (like Muirford mentioned) or larger pieces (armoires) were you get more impact for your dollar. I also spent money on nice wool rugs.

I think this is one of the most easy way of following some most peculiar and attractive furniture which are making it a unique and spectacular ways of solutions in a very effective procedure.
sectional sofas los angeles

A B&B near me closed recently, and the same auctioneer who did their Inn will be doing mine - they had some FANTASTIC furniture that is not your run of the mill furniture store stuff, that was unique and if it did get dinged it would probably add character, take a look at the prices they went for - I am sure you can find similar items - even if you invest in a new mattress and / or base http://www.atlbid.net/cgi-bin/mnlist.cgi?robinhuff1/category/ALL

All of our beds are metal, rather than wood. (I know that's not what you asked) The beds were made in WV, along with all of the solid oak tables, chairs, valet stands, etc. My own bed is solid wood, with slats (would glue & screw the slats to the bed for guests, tho) and I bought it in VT. You might want to take a road trip...
20 years ago it was around $400 for a 'seconds' in oak. It has lasted beautifully, 4 poster with testers, so it's got the height you're talking about. Never did figure out what made it a second.
Try VT Furniture Designs or VT Precision.
Sorry, I could drive right to the store, but I can't remember the name.

All of our beds are metal, rather than wood. (I know that's not what you asked) The beds were made in WV, along with all of the solid oak tables, chairs, valet stands, etc. My own bed is solid wood, with slats (would glue & screw the slats to the bed for guests, tho) and I bought it in VT. You might want to take a road trip...
20 years ago it was around $400 for a 'seconds' in oak. It has lasted beautifully, 4 poster with testers, so it's got the height you're talking about. Never did figure out what made it a second.
Sorry, I could drive right to the store, but I can't remember the name..
Alibi Ike said:
In one of our rooms, the bed is simply a boxspring and mattress setting on a simple metal frame. What makes the bed is the headboard. We found a very old pantry door that had a wonderful crackle finish and patina to it. With some very minor alterations it became a headboard that is fastened to the wall. That, with the bedding and the rest of decor make the room.
I always joke that this is the honeymoon suite because we had to fasten the headboard to the wall to cut down on the noise. DW thought it was funny the first time I said that....not so much anymore.

Alibi Ike said:
In one of our rooms, the bed is simply a boxspring and mattress setting on a simple metal frame. What makes the bed is the headboard. We found a very old pantry door that had a wonderful crackle finish and patina to it. With some very minor alterations it became a headboard that is fastened to the wall. That, with the bedding and the rest of decor make the room.
I always joke that this is the honeymoon suite because we had to fasten the headboard to the wall to cut down on the noise. DW thought it was funny the first time I said that....not so much anymore.
That sounds great. I love funky furnishings like that.

Alibi Ike said:
That sounds great. I love funky furnishings like that.
I do too... the inspector, though, doesn't. Heck, we lost marks for having beautifully white bathrooms... they give points for two colours on the walls. It's an odd system.

Alibi Ike said:
Here's a bed that was built around an old wood door which became the headboard. The whole bed is secured to the hardwood floor with bolts. That sucker's not moving!
T%20Suite.jpg

Alibi Ike said:
Here's a bed that was built around an old wood door which became the headboard. The whole bed is secured to the hardwood floor with bolts. That sucker's not moving!
T%20Suite.jpg

Breakfast Diva said:
T%20Suite.jpg
I love the look of this room!

Back