Garnishing ideas

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Country Girl

Reaction score
I would love to learn more garnishing techniques with fruits and veggies. Can anyone recommend a good book or website for finding new ideas? Thanks.

You know we did a whole thread on garnishes once upon a time and I can't find it now. There are a bunch of neat websites for this. The book I really like, which is not a cookery book at all is 'Play With Your Food'. (That link goes to Amazon and if you scroll down you'll see all of the other books by the same author in the same vein.)

It's neither fruit, not veggie, but I put my butter in candy molds and freeze it so that I have molded butter quick and easy. I take them out when I start breakfast, so by the time they eat it's soft but pretty.
=)
Kk.

Ok, I can't stop laughing...I've mentioned the problems we've had with competitors copying things from our website...that's immediately what I thought "Garneshing ideas" meant!!!! I need to RELAX!

If you search Garnishes on Food Network it brings up a good selection.

It's neither fruit, not veggie, but I put my butter in candy molds and freeze it so that I have molded butter quick and easy. I take them out when I start breakfast, so by the time they eat it's soft but pretty.
=)
Kk..
I bought a candy mold that was rosebuds that I planned to use to make butter roses. Before I could use it, my daughter sent me individual butter dishes with dome lids so that is what I use now.

I got a neat little book that came in a gift box with tools from Borders, you know their little discount section, it had great ideas. The one I like best is tomato rosebuds.

Back