Gearing up for the opening!

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Proud Texan

Reaction score
Hello friends! Sorry I haven't been on in a while. We've been busy! Construction is complete on our two cottage units and we've been hectically trying to get them decorated and furnished. Almost there! We're aiming for a September opening.
I've put a teaser webpage up until we go live next month with the full site and online reservations. Here's the URL.
http://www.-#removed#-.com
Feedback appreciated.

I like your logo. I wish the pictures were larger! Hopefully, you'll have that on your final website. Best of luck with the opening! I'll tell my Texas friends about you.

Ditto the logo.
It took a long time to load the logo, tho.

Ditto the logo.
It took a long time to load the logo, tho..
Same here, took a little to load and the pics could be a bit bigger. Any from inside the cabins yet?
Good luck and many happy guests.

logo loaded quickly for me ...
i would let each picture sit on screen for a few more seconds, slower transition ... so guests can see them a little longer. looks beautiful.
exciting!

Super!
Logo loaded fast for me. I would love to see the red rockers as a permanent header on one of your pages, larger, as they draw me right in!
Also all pics larger - if you had that as a slideshow below your header with the OPENING FALL! it would be MORE of a teaser. Great as it is too.
regular_smile.gif

I agree with the rest ...larger photos would make for a much better appeal ...so potential guests could have a better look at what is coming.
best wishes.

Ditto the logo.
Same here, took a little to load and the pics could be a bit bigger. Any from inside the cabins yet?
Mooseberry Inn said:
Thanks for the feedback about the logo. I can go into Photoshop and downsize it to load faster.
You wouldn't want to see pictures of the inside yet. It looks as if a hurricane had hit. :) We're still hanging curtains, pictures etc. and some of the bed linens have yet to arrive. There will be larger pictures on the full site. Like I said, this is just a teaser. We're getting set up with Webervations this next week and then with our credit card people the following. I want to be able to start taking reservations as soon as we're able.

Super!
Logo loaded fast for me. I would love to see the red rockers as a permanent header on one of your pages, larger, as they draw me right in!
Also all pics larger - if you had that as a slideshow below your header with the OPENING FALL! it would be MORE of a teaser. Great as it is too.
regular_smile.gif
JunieBJones (JBJ) said:
Super!
I like the suggestion. I think I'll use it. Thanks!

Ditto the logo.
Mooseberry Inn said:
Thanks for the feedback about the logo. I can go into Photoshop and downsize it to load faster.
You wouldn't want to see pictures of the inside yet. It looks as if a hurricane had hit. :) We're still hanging curtains, pictures etc. and some of the bed linens have yet to arrive. There will be larger pictures on the full site. Like I said, this is just a teaser. We're getting set up with Webervations this next week and then with our credit card people the following. I want to be able to start taking reservations as soon as we're able.
I know what you're saying...when we were building it was like that, sheetrock dust everywhere..haha
Can't wait to see your cabins, looks so relaxing with the lake and all

just noticed there is a typo in your intro (i was looking at the PICTURES again)
Each day begans should be begins
~m*

Super!
regular_smile.gif
JunieBJones (JBJ) said:
Super!
ProudTexan said:
JunieBJones (JBJ) said:
Super!
Like I said to Bree on another post, altho I struggle not being able to picture the layout of her place since I have not been there...there is something to be said for us NOT being there. We can look at a place as a guest would see it.
I have never been to Texas. Nope. Never. Wait, yes I have airports only, changing planes. From the innkeepers here and other comments there are plenty of reasons to go. So I enjoy seeing little bits and pieces of different parts of Texas. Rural B&B's & Cabins/Cottages = relaxation in my book.

No pictures loaded for me except the one on the header. And I have a high speed connection, so don't know what others are seeing.
The page for me was 3 screens wide. No one else said anything about that. But you don't want people to scroll sideways.

No pictures loaded for me except the one on the header. And I have a high speed connection, so don't know what others are seeing.
The page for me was 3 screens wide. No one else said anything about that. But you don't want people to scroll sideways..
hawley said:
The page for me was 3 screens wide. No one else said anything about that. But you don't want people to scroll sideways.
WAIT! I went into I.E. and the header was ALL SKEWIFF and there WAS SCROLLING!! BIG TIME! Funny tyhat Firefox got it right (usually firefox is the culprit!!)
Randy you better have a check in other browsers. Most people use I.E. Good job Hawley.

The page for me was 3 screens wide. No one else said anything about that. But you don't want people to scroll sideways..
hawley said:
WAIT! I went into I.E. and the header was ALL SKEWIFF and there WAS SCROLLING!! BIG TIME! Funny tyhat Firefox got it right (usually firefox is the culprit!!)
Randy you better have a check in other browsers. Most people use I.E. Good job Hawley.
JunieBJones (JBJ) said:
hawley said:
I'm on Mac. We don't have I.E. available to us. However, I did run it through a browser checker and it meets the HTML code compliancy. Unfortunately, I.E. is made by Microsoft and they like to do things differently from everything else. It could be a problem in the way the CSS formats.
The whole thing is basically in at table. The slide show is a simple Javascript. I know that the slide show doesn't work in OPERA, but who uses that anyway.

hawley said:
JunieBJones (JBJ) said:
hawley said:
I'm on Mac. We don't have I.E. available to us. However, I did run it through a browser checker and it meets the HTML code compliancy. Unfortunately, I.E. is made by Microsoft and they like to do things differently from everything else. It could be a problem in the way the CSS formats.
The whole thing is basically in at table. The slide show is a simple Javascript. I know that the slide show doesn't work in OPERA, but who uses that anyway.
I usually just use firefox but I got curious and used IE..it looks nothing like it does in FIrefox. A big green box where I guess your header logo is supposed to be and the slide show is over in the right corner.

OK, I had to check, too. The IE version looks nothing like the Foxfire version. I didn't have to scroll (screen size probably) but there was no logo and no text, just the 'Welcome' box with the changing pix and a big green box where the logo is on Firefox. And, yes, the welcome box was on the right instead of the left.
Sorry, Randy, you need to figure out how to view your work in the 600 lb gorilla's web browser. There are Mac users out there, but not enough of them to support you!

OK, I had to check, too. The IE version looks nothing like the Foxfire version. I didn't have to scroll (screen size probably) but there was no logo and no text, just the 'Welcome' box with the changing pix and a big green box where the logo is on Firefox. And, yes, the welcome box was on the right instead of the left.
Sorry, Randy, you need to figure out how to view your work in the 600 lb gorilla's web browser. There are Mac users out there, but not enough of them to support you!.
I think I found the culprit. I left a ">" out of a javacript and it threw things out of whack.
I have a code validator for I.E. version 7 and everything check out with that. However, the proof of the pudding is in the eating.
If someone would check it for me again in I.E., I would be grateful.

Sorry, Randy, you need to figure out how to view your work in the 600 lb gorilla's web browser. There are Mac users out there, but not enough of them to support you!.
I think I found the culprit. I left a ">" out of a javacript and it threw things out of whack.
I have a code validator for I.E. version 7 and everything check out with that. However, the proof of the pudding is in the eating.
oakcreek.jpg
ProudTexan said:
Nope, still no logo. Sorry, I tried to copy the page and insert it here so you can see what I see, but I am clueless how this forum works with inserting anything. Holy cow, I did it...
I don't know all of the coding you did but after the list of pix you have a ']' symbol. Shoud it be a '}'? If not, ignore this.
moz-screenshot.jpg

OK, here's the firefox version. The other reply is from IE...
oakcreekfirefox.jpg

Back