Gearing up for the opening!

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK, here's the firefox version. The other reply is from IE...
oakcreekfirefox.jpg
I'm not sure what's going on with I.E. It obviously doesn't like my table. I've done web authoring before without these kinds of results. The logo should be loading faster now. I took it through Adobe ImageReady and sliced into thirds greatly reducing it's size.

OK, here's the firefox version. The other reply is from IE...
oakcreekfirefox.jpg
I'm not sure what's going on with I.E. It obviously doesn't like my table. I've done web authoring before without these kinds of results. The logo should be loading faster now. I took it through Adobe ImageReady and sliced into thirds greatly reducing it's size.
In firefox I can see the 'slices' loading. In IE it still doesn't show. It looks like what I posted earlier.

I just cleared my cache to get a fresh copy. Here's the order the pictures load in:
The Welcome box (which is all the way on the left). Then the rotating slide show (underneath the 'welcome' box). Then the 'first' of the 3 slices of your logo (this is the slice on the left that contains 'Oak'). Then the other 2 load fairly simultaneously.
It took about 12 seconds for the whole thing to load this time. (That's probably me, I'm working remotely right now.)

This is in firefox...I'll also check that in IE:
It loads the welcome box and the 'Oak' slice. Then the photos. Then the last 2 slices of the logo. Here's what it looks like...
oakcreekfirefox2.jpg

It loads the welcome box and the 'Oak' slice. Then the photos. Then the last 2 slices of the logo. Here's what it looks like...
oakcreekfirefox2.jpg
Must have something to do with everything being nested in a table.

OK...IE results...loaded MUCH faster than firefox, but same order. Only no picture show. Here's what it looks like
oakcreekIE2.jpg

I don't know why this would affect it, but do you have a pop-up blocker enabled in Internet Explorer? Is Javascript enabled? Sometimes settings will upset I.E.
Did you empty your cache? The updated pages might not be loading until you do.
Thanks for the help.

I don't know why this would affect it, but do you have a pop-up blocker enabled in Internet Explorer? Is Javascript enabled? Sometimes settings will upset I.E.
Thanks for the help..
ProudTexan said:
Thanks for the help.
OK...cleared cache, turned off pop up blocker, I don't know about JavaScript being enabled or not. It's not in my list of 'Internet Options' on IE. Java itself is not enabled. I can try that and see what happens but I have to shut down to do so.
And this is what happened...everything loaded faster but still no picture show. (That's using the second link you provided.)

Thanks for the help..
Enabled Java, rebooted, still no picture show. Battery dying, that's it for today...

Thanks for the help..
ProudTexan said:
Thanks for the help.
OK...cleared cache, turned off pop up blocker, I don't know about JavaScript being enabled or not. It's not in my list of 'Internet Options' on IE. Java itself is not enabled. I can try that and see what happens but I have to shut down to do so.
And this is what happened...everything loaded faster but still no picture show. (That's using the second link you provided.)
Then it's gotta be that Javascript is not enbabled. Microsoft wanted to use ActiveX a long time ago. I don't even know if that's still around.
Thank you for help me. I'd be lost otherwise. I can write a script that will display a single picture in that space if a user's Javascript is not enabled (although I don't know why it wouldn't be). It's going to get more complicated as web pages move toward using "FLASH" in there pages.

oakcreekfirefox2.jpg
I am an amateur, but I think I've been told not to use tables for layout? El, what do you think?
Riki

oakcreekfirefox2.jpg
I am an amateur, but I think I've been told not to use tables for layout? El, what do you think?
Riki
I don't see tables as a problem. I still use them along with a style sheet and my Dreamweaver template I create...works ok for me. I haven't looked closely at the site so don't know what is going on other than what you have seen as well. Maybe Swirt can wise us up:)
I note to you..the other day I saw all sorts of code showing on your home page...that is not a good thing:-(

oakcreekfirefox2.jpg
Riki
I don't see tables as a problem. I still use them along with a style sheet and my Dreamweaver template I create...works ok for me. I haven't looked closely at the site so don't know what is going on other than what you have seen as well. Maybe Swirt can wise us up:)
I note to you..the other day I saw all sorts of code showing on your home page...that is not a good thing:-(
I've replaced the table with "layers" does that make any difference in I.E.?
Regarding the code showing, that's what happens if you leave off a closing ">" character. It magically becomes visible. :p

oakcreekfirefox2.jpg
Riki
I know. I have to find time to figure out how to make it not show. That's why I have it way down at the bottom.
At least it is not affecting bookings.
Riki

oakcreekfirefox2.jpg
Riki
Regarding the code showing, that's what happens if you leave off a closing ">" character. It magically becomes visible. :p
Right now at my office at UVA using IE at 10:25 am it is working now. I see the photos and the whole write up.
It's not quite centered, it's a little to the right.
Riki

Now it is scrollable and off center in Firefox.
sad_smile.gif
You will find the solution - I am in there as you are prob working on it.
Welcome to the frustrating world of B&B web design. Some days things just appear from nowhere, what the? Didn't I check that?!!!
Again, this is a good sounding board right here...many diff computers to view it from their perspective and get feedback.

oakcreekfirefox2.jpg
Riki
For me it is still taking a dog's age to load, but everything does load in both IE and Firefox. I don't have scrolling issues, but again, that could be my screen resolution.

Back