Gearing up for the opening!

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I haven't looked closely but HONESTLY on my computer it looks BRIGHT GREEN...too bright for my eyes. I prefer either a really dark backgound for contrast or something a bit more easy on the eyes.:-(

A bolder font? A different color? How about the background color, that really pops.

I haven't looked closely but HONESTLY on my computer it looks BRIGHT GREEN...too bright for my eyes. I prefer either a really dark backgound for contrast or something a bit more easy on the eyes.:-(.
catlady said:
I haven't looked closely but HONESTLY on my computer it looks BRIGHT GREEN...too bright for my eyes. I prefer either a really dark backgound for contrast or something a bit more easy on the eyes.:-(
I thought so, too, but wasn't sure if it was just my color setup. It is definitely a vivid green.

I checked it in IE. Everything looks good in it. I like the way it is laid out and your pictures. In IE, the last picture on the picture page has the printing funny. That should be fixed whatever is causing it.
Also on your policy page, there is at least one place where there is no space at the end of the sentence and the next sentence starts. Also can't remember what but there is one sentence that is missing a word.

$95 a night!!! THAT IS TOO LOW!!! I would never let it go for anything under $100 and for a cottage...$125-150 a night for sure.
Why no TV??? Many will ask for it...especially in a separate cabin.
You need more photos of what the cabin looks like inside and outside...the bedroom looks nice, but where is it in relation to the rest of the cabin? I would definitely want to see more before I booked.
Have your availabilty open in a new window for dummies that don't know how to get back to the previous page...or you may lose them
I would have a link from each of the separate cottage pages to the other, that way visitors don't have to go back and click on rooms button.
Really..that BRIGHT green has got to go..especially on the availablity page:-(
Are you really already booked that full???? If so..that is wonderful!

Catlady suggested the availability calendar opening in a new window. I don't recommend that for something that is supposed to be a part of your own site. A cleaner approach is to work with webervations to have the navigation from your site reproduced identically on webervations. That way they see it as a part of your site, rather than some frankenstein like add-on. I would not do that until you get your "template" just the way you want it.
Two other technical things if you can:
  1. Have your "home" link point to your root rather than index.htm
  2. Set up your hosting so that the non-www version of your site re-writes to the www version. (meaning that if you type in yourdomain.com that what appears in the address window becomes www.yourdomain.com)

Catlady suggested the availability calendar opening in a new window. I don't recommend that for something that is supposed to be a part of your own site. A cleaner approach is to work with webervations to have the navigation from your site reproduced identically on webervations. That way they see it as a part of your site, rather than some frankenstein like add-on. I would not do that until you get your "template" just the way you want it.
  2. Set up your hosting so that the non-www version of your site re-writes to the www version. (meaning that if you type in yourdomain.com that what appears in the address window becomes www.yourdomain.com)
I stand corrected..yes, it should just be incorporated into the site. THough some folks don't know how to do that..so I think opening in a new window is less of a hassle than back tracking
I guess that bright green just threw me for a loop:)

ProudTexan said:
The website is launched!
I've been working hard to debug the thing. I'm on a Mac and don't have access to Internet Explorer, so I would appreciate input from users of that browser. It looks and works great on Firefox, Mozilla, Netscape, Opera, OmniWeb and on the very old Mac IE (though it doesn't seem to recognize CSS).
Wow!!!
Your photos are magnificant and sell me!
I agree your rates are extremely low, so you have ot be careful, people will wonder why they are so low.
[edited by swirt 10/30/08 at Proud Texan's request to remove a web address from the quoted text]

I stand corrected..yes, it should just be incorporated into the site. THough some folks don't know how to do that..so I think opening in a new window is less of a hassle than back tracking
No need to stand corrected
wink_smile.gif
Yours was a good suggestion for the way it is set up now. Most designs can fit into webervations fairly easily, but sometimes not being able to control the width of webervations can give trouble when trying to fit in a side navigation like OakCreek is using.

No need to stand corrected
wink_smile.gif
Yours was a good suggestion for the way it is set up now. Most designs can fit into webervations fairly easily, but sometimes not being able to control the width of webervations can give trouble when trying to fit in a side navigation like OakCreek is using.
Since my navigation buttons are all done with CSS, I was wondering if I couldn't just include the <DIV> tags in the header along with the an embedded style sheet onto the Webervations page. However, I'm not sure if it's kosher to put a style sheet within the body of an HTML page.
Can I define the values for a:link, a:visited, a:hover, a:active in the body of the <DIV> tag?

They way to do it is to email them the stylesheet and images for your header and let them attach it in the header. The images have to go to them so they are served up by the secure server, otherwise people will get an error saying there is a security issue (which their isn't, but they don't know that). People are funny about not giving their info if they get a security warning
regular_smile.gif
. Once webervations lets you know the images and stylesheet are in place, then you can add your html to the custom headers and footers in your webervations account.
You can use inline styles within the body and you can specify mouse states in an inline style within a div, but since you have to send them the images anyway, you might as well use your own stylesheet.

They way to do it is to email them the stylesheet and images for your header and let them attach it in the header. The images have to go to them so they are served up by the secure server, otherwise people will get an error saying there is a security issue (which their isn't, but they don't know that). People are funny about not giving their info if they get a security warning
regular_smile.gif
. Once webervations lets you know the images and stylesheet are in place, then you can add your html to the custom headers and footers in your webervations account.
You can use inline styles within the body and you can specify mouse states in an inline style within a div, but since you have to send them the images anyway, you might as well use your own stylesheet..
And, they do charge you a one time fee for these additional images.

regular_smile.gif
You can use inline styles within the body and you can specify mouse states in an inline style within a div, but since you have to send them the images anyway, you might as well use your own stylesheet..
And, they do charge you a one time fee for these additional images.
That part is kind of stupid, it would be so easy for them to built that into the system where you could upload your own images and stylesheet, it would save them a ton of work and make it easier on us designers to boot.

OK, here's the firefox version. The other reply is from IE...
oakcreekfirefox.jpg
I'm not sure what's going on with I.E. It obviously doesn't like my table. I've done web authoring before without these kinds of results. The logo should be loading faster now. I took it through Adobe ImageReady and sliced into thirds greatly reducing it's size.
In firefox I can see the 'slices' loading. In IE it still doesn't show. It looks like what I posted earlier.
That makes absolutely no sense. There are three .PNG files that make up the logo. They're sitting inside a single cell of a table that isn't nested.
Out of curiosity, I've removed everything from the table on this page www.#removed#.com Can you see the logo now?
I was able to load I.E. 5 for Mac and the page comes up fine. It may be an issue with the PC version. I'm kind of at the mercy of Dreamweaver because the HTML I learned 10 years ago is obsolete.

The website is launched!
I've been working hard to debug the thing. I'm on a Mac and don't have access to Internet Explorer, so I would appreciate input from users of that browser. It looks and works great on Firefox, Mozilla, Netscape, Opera, OmniWeb and on the very old Mac IE (though it doesn't seem to recognize CSS).

I notice you 'borrowed' my dietary restrictions paragraph word for word. Hope it works better for you than it does for me!
More pix of the cottages are needed. Interior and exterior. I'd want to know how close they are to each other and where they sit on the property. I would remove the twirly bits by the 'last minute specials' (only because I don't like twirly bits).
The picture gallery is a nice touch..
Bree said:
I notice you 'borrowed' my dietary restrictions paragraph word for word. Hope it works better for you than it does for me!
Yes I admit it. I'm flagrant plagiarist. Please excuse me, I should have asked.
You worded it beautifully and said exactly what needed to be said. I know what you mean though after reading the posts here and elsewhere: even though you say it EVERYWHERE and ask them at the time of the reservation, you're still going to get a_ _holes guests that don't say anything until they're served.
I didn't want that particular link to get lost on the page. Any suggestions on how I might do it differently?
p.s. Thanks for the input.

As we all know cheap peep toe ankle boots is the 1 of great and fashion brands within the world. Most friends of mine are dreamed to have a pair of Christian Louboutin shoes. For it is all stylish and sexy for women, no wonder that clients are so jealous about it.Recently the Christian Louboutin carries out many concessional discount.No matter whether does it mean that the top quality of Christian Louboutin merchandise is inferior?Girls are at a particular age christian louboutin for cheap ,beauty likes the sand inside the hands.Once you seize it too tight cheap christian shoes cheap christian shoes,it's going to slip through your fingers faster.But be at a specific age christian louboutin shoes cheap ,in the very same time,have comparative connotation and charm.Your motion, cheap christian shoes your calm heart, black knee high boots for cheap your confident,your tender feelings won much more attention and praise.
From inside and outside you send out the mature flavor that a young girl isn't beyond the wonderful.We have a multicoloured world, cheap knee high black boots as a result of the globe we get pleasure from ourselves.I suppose Christian Louboutin will make ladies be even more amazing and get pleasure from themselves.Christian Louboutin sale offers a lot of polychrome and brightly painted shoes to girls.There are no trails of the wings in the sky, booties for cheap booties for cheapwhilst the birds have flied away.To really feel the flame of dreaming and to feel the moment of dancing,when all the romance is far away cheap red peep toe pumps ,the eternity is often there.
Really like indicates that I know the person I really like.I? m conscious of the numerous sides of the other individual ?a not just the beautiful side but also the limitations,inconsistencies and faults.I've an awareness of the other? louboutin pigalle louboutin pigalle s feelings and thoughts christian louboutin boots on sale christian louboutin boots on sale,and I knowledge something with the core of that person.I can penetrate social masks and roles and see the other individual on a deeper level.Today extra and even more well-liked elements emerge.The fish head shoes are one of the most classics well-liked elements among the shoes.
louboutin shoes

If you're looking for elegance and sophistication in a shoe, cheap pump shoes have the design for you. Red is full of Louboutin life, soul. And your life should be full of Christian Louboutin.Christian Louboutin shoes
Christian Louboutin was founded in France, in 1992, however it rapidly became a worldwide famous brand. You will discover plenty of stars who're the fans of it, like Sarah Jessica Parker, Mariah Carey, Angelina Jolie and Victoria Beckham. As soon as the red outsole appeared, you might very easily discover that it is Christian Louboutin. Ladies are crazy about it. When you are engaged inside the vogue or you need to maintain the similar pace with the trend, cheap christian louboutin sale Christian Louboutin cheap could be your most beneficial option.
What we offer you?
Our www.christianlouboutincheap.co.uk sells well-designed classic collection, fashion collection cheap knee high black boots , christian louboutin cheap shoes christian louboutin cheap shoes christian louboutin shoes cheap spring collection, louboutin sale louboutin sale Pumps, Sandals, cheap knee high black boots short Boots and tall Boots in low price. Whichever style of shoes you are searching for, classical cheap christian louboutin boots , fashionable high heel high heel, lovely or the most recent style, shoes for sale cheap you can actually uncover your favorite here. You could discover them fantastic in their looks if they are the first time for you to see them. We promise, you will adore them.
Why acquire Christian Louboutin Shoes from us?
1. Low price but high quality!
We have the robust supports behind. The manufacturing factory produces and provides our commodities steadfastly and efficiently.
2. High purchase safety. No risk!
We specialize the small business for numerous years, and we're the Credit Card verified! Via the Credit Card, it can safeguard the buyers' profit!
3. Extra payment strategies. Much more convenience!
We have many different payment techniques to make the maximum convenience for our precious buyers to obtain the terrific Affordable Christian Louboutin shoes!
four. Effective shipping worldwide and no tax.
We offer several shipping approaches to ensure that our prospects could get their Louboutin shoes within the shortest time. cheap christian louboutin wedges cheap christian louboutin wedges
christian louboutin pumps

Back