Generic Junk

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBloggs

Reaction score
Excerpt from http://www.websearchsocial.com/10-rookie-web-site-mistakes-that-will-annoy-your-customers-and-cost-you-business-mistake-6
"if there is anything on your website that doesn't pertain directly and immediately to your business, your products, your services, and the action that you want the customer to take on your website, then remove it. We doubt that you really want people to be checking the weather report or synchronizing their watches or even jumping out to another web site via a link you've provided. Don’t fail to provide real content and actionable items by filling space with generic junk.
Is there any information that you could get rid of on your website right now that wouldn't affect its success?"

I would like to ask you if you have a few moments to take a look at our website and reply VIA EMAIL please (you can use my contact on this forum) with any GENERIC JUNK that hinders your view. Look at it as a guest please, drop me a line off the forum.
I thank you in advance! I have way too much on there, and it is getting too heavy...thank yoU!

I can see where someone not familiar with your time zone or weather, such as someone looking at your site from another country, would be interested in what current time it is there, and what the weather is like now.
But yes, "mature" websites can get heavy. Every garden needs to be weeded occasionally.

It's very easy to think of things to add to the website, but I rarely get the time to sit down and have a look at what's there and should it even be there, not least for things that are out of date.
But now is not the time, that's on my winter list.

We have an "Area Attractions" page. Obviously, we want potential guests know why they should even want to come to "Podunk, Texas". If there's no reason to visit the area, then there's no reason to stay here.
We have partnered with many of these attractions and not only swap links but promote each other as well. If a guest clicks on a link from a banner ad, it opens a new tab so they can easily get back to our site. This "junk" generates reservations, so I'm keeping it.

We have an "Area Attractions" page. Obviously, we want potential guests know why they should even want to come to "Podunk, Texas". If there's no reason to visit the area, then there's no reason to stay here.
We have partnered with many of these attractions and not only swap links but promote each other as well. If a guest clicks on a link from a banner ad, it opens a new tab so they can easily get back to our site. This "junk" generates reservations, so I'm keeping it..
I have a Happenings page that gets traffic from the locals. I keep it , and usually up-to-date, because if the locals are looking to see what is going on and when, perhaps they will think of us when the family comes in.

Back