Get A Grip on Your B&B's Online Reviews & Reputation

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wendydk

Reaction score
[tr]
Webinar: Mastering Online Reviews and Reputation Management

[/td][/tr][tr]
[FONT= 'Trebuchet MS']Presented by Jay Karen, PAII CEO
paii_logo.jpg

[/FONT]
[FONT= 'Trebuchet MS']Marketing is no longer just having rack cards and a pretty web site. In the age of Web 2.0, marketing now includes monitoring and influencing your reputation vis-a-vis all the various and new forms of social media web sites, i.e. TripAdvisor, BedandBreakfast.com, Yelp, Twitter, Facebook, Flickr, YouTube and even Google.
What's an innkeeper to do? Come learn the do's and don'ts, and be a confident player in the new age of marketing. [/FONT]

[FONT= 'Trebuchet MS'] [/FONT]
[FONT= 'Trebuchet MS'][tr][td]September 22 s 2:00pm EDT
[FONT= 'Trebuchet MS']Member $49 s[/FONT] Non-member $69
[FONT= 'Trebuchet MS']Join us online for one hour![/FONT]
[/td][/tr][/table]
[/FONT]
[FONT= 'Trebuchet MS'] [/FONT]
REGISTER TODAY! [FONT= 'Trebuchet MS'][/FONT]
[/td][/tr][tr]
Professional Association of Innkeepers International
207 White Horse Pike * Haddon Heights, NJ 08035
[COLOR= #ffffff]www.innkeeping.org[/COLOR][COLOR= #ffffff]* [/COLOR][COLOR= #ffffff]www.innkeepingshow.com[/COLOR][COLOR= #ffffff]* [/COLOR][COLOR= #ffffff]www.newenglandinnkeepingshow.com[/COLOR]
[/td][/tr][/table]

'' monitoring and influencing your reputation ''
my worry is that, as some of us suspect, with the current review and rating happy climate, there will be planted reviews, either positive or negative, that will muck up the supposed impartial reviews by actual guests.

He'll be giving this presentation at several conference in VA in Jan. and Feb.

my worry is that, as some of us suspect, with the current review and rating happy climate, there will be planted reviews, either positive or negative, that will muck up the supposed impartial reviews by actual guests..
You just have to learn to take the good with the bad. We have no control over the postings. If most reviews are generally positive, people pass by a negative one. If however there are many negatives, then I figure there has to be some truth in them. They all can't be "plants."
My friend's business has grown immensely due to all the positive reviews they have been given. They don't ask for them to be done..they are given freely by their guests.

my worry is that, as some of us suspect, with the current review and rating happy climate, there will be planted reviews, either positive or negative, that will muck up the supposed impartial reviews by actual guests..
You just have to learn to take the good with the bad. We have no control over the postings. If most reviews are generally positive, people pass by a negative one. If however there are many negatives, then I figure there has to be some truth in them. They all can't be "plants."
My friend's business has grown immensely due to all the positive reviews they have been given. They don't ask for them to be done..they are given freely by their guests.
catlady said:
I was in a local diner the other day and heard some twenty-somethings raving about Piney Hill - they didn't look the B&B type, but they loved it! Those guys are doing something right.

I agree. Where things get dicey are when other innkeepers try to deflect a bad review onto another lodging property. I just had that here with another one of the inns. Someone wrote a bad review about them (which was actually probably fairly accurate at the time of the stay) and the management response included something about that maybe they were at another inn? Uh, no....there are several pointed references to that particular property with its layout and features. I think that is just mean spirited on the owner's part to try and make it seem like they could have been somewhere else. Yes, take your lumps, but don't try to lump them on someone else!

catlady said:
I was in a local diner the other day and heard some twenty-somethings raving about Piney Hill - they didn't look the B&B type, but they loved it! Those guys are doing something right.
Yes they do it all right! They are just natural born "people" persons and they get along with everyone!!!! And are able to make everyone feel comfortable. It is a real art and they have managed to do it.

It's really a knack to be a "people" person. To make folks feel comfortable from the moment that they meet you. They must be doing a great job!

Back