Get Listed dot Org - From Joey

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

toddburme

Reaction score
She listed this in another thread but I found it very useful as I had some stuf fwrong so i thought it deserved it owns thread. Joey wrote -
Here is another RESOURCE FOR EVERYONE on the forum, from this magazine. BTW Thank you PAII for a great magazine this quarter.
Local Places Listings...beyond the traditional search (this is by Lisa Kolb and on page 23)
She lists these helpful resources:
USA http://www.getlisted.org
CANADA http://ca.getlisted.org
Now go and plug yourselves in there and check it out.
Listing Score: 92% This listing is 92% complete.
What does this score mean? Your "listing score" is a number from 0-100 that approximates how effectively your business is taking advantage of free listings at the major search engines.
Learn How to Improve Your Score »

Yipes! It gave me someone else's listing with my name. I'm sending them a message... it's a different B&B on a different street.

I was at 50 something % yesterday and 95% today so I thought it was cool. :)

This site has added a lot of new places to list. Are they worth it or helpful? Not sure. I am just spending the next week or so redoing some SEO, social networking, etc. Lots of great stuff and advice from this forum over the years.

So I just did this and the first thing it says under my Name and Address: website not found.
Not found on Google or Yahoo. - BUT I AM there! Listings claimed and information 100% completed on both and we come up first in searches on both.
Superpages, stated not claimed - double checked and yes I had claimed it sometime back
Same with YP.com and Yelp.
Stopped checking at that point.
Just saying this site is not all that accurate....

That's quite a list! I've claimed some of them... will have to do the rest another day. This could take awhile.
Thanks for the info!

That's quite a list! I've claimed some of them... will have to do the rest another day. This could take awhile.
Thanks for the info!.
You should write up a short blurb that you can cut and paste into every one of these listings. I found the hardest thing was coming up with photos and a 'statement'. If you've got it done up already, it's much faster.

Sorry to hear it did not work for you, Copperhead. I just liked that it was in one spot.

Back