Get up off the couch you pudgy innkeeper!

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Madeleine

Reaction score
Last warning- get out and get some exercise!
DON'T turn into one of those guests who calls and asks how close the room is to the elevator or says they can't possibly walk up a flight of stairs to get to a room or who rolls their dirty suitcase across the hardwood floors and then drags it up the carpeted stairs or who wants to pull up on the lawn to unload the car.
(Yes, all of that in the last hour.)

Too late - I passed PUDGY years ago.
I have a Skeet shooter tonight and she declined all offers of help with her "stuff" - she is parked at City Hall in the space reserved for her since Fr on tier Days means if there is a place big enough to park in, it is parked in - and the front of my house is the Midway.

Or who drive the car 20 feet from the parking space to the front door so they don't have to "carry their cases to the car".
Or who drive to the local Inn for dinner, which is a 500 yards down the road.
Had both of these this week. And don't get me started about people who drag their suitcases up carpeted stairs...aaah!

Or who drive the car 20 feet from the parking space to the front door so they don't have to "carry their cases to the car".
Had both of these this week. And don't get me started about people who drag their suitcases up carpeted stairs...aaah!.
its the ones that do that while saying when you offer to carry them "its no bother" it is to me when I have to pay to have my ruddy stairs fixed! grrrr

DW has us on a "mindful eating" diet and I've lost 11 pounds already! Lord knows we get a lot of activity running this place. My biggest problem was snacking after dinner and drinking sodas. I needed to lower my triglycerides anyway.

Had both of these this week. And don't get me started about people who drag their suitcases up carpeted stairs...aaah!.
Or drag them up your 125 year old antique staircase.

A friend just told me that our bike shop will be putting their "townies" rental bikes on sale in November. I have a trail bike which is not the best for cruising around here but I've been riding it more, plus walking almost every day for the last several months. It's taking me quite awhile to get off the innkeeper stress pudge. I'm going to invest in one of those bikes for my birthday...best time of year around here to ride a bike.
Thanks for the nudge to keep working on the pudge!
thumbs_up.gif

DW has us on a "mindful eating" diet and I've lost 11 pounds already! Lord knows we get a lot of activity running this place. My biggest problem was snacking after dinner and drinking sodas. I needed to lower my triglycerides anyway..
Proud Texan said:
DW has us on a "mindful eating" diet and I've lost 11 pounds already! Lord knows we get a lot of activity running this place. My biggest problem was snacking after dinner and drinking sodas. I needed to lower my triglycerides anyway.
Me too. I'm following the Paul McKenna plan (of which a big part is mindful eating) and I've lost 5lbs in 2 weeks.

I was amazed at the PAII conference in Phoenix how many of the innkeepers complained about having to walk out of the hotel and across the entrance drive to the lawn on the other side to go into the vendor tents.
Yeah....it was too far to walk across the entrance driveway....these are innkeepers that I'm sure complain about their guests who do the same thing!
Gotta love 'em.

I was amazed at the PAII conference in Phoenix how many of the innkeepers complained about having to walk out of the hotel and across the entrance drive to the lawn on the other side to go into the vendor tents.
Yeah....it was too far to walk across the entrance driveway....these are innkeepers that I'm sure complain about their guests who do the same thing!
Gotta love 'em..
Breakfast Diva said:
Gotta love 'em.
I'll bet the same bunch stampedes to the buffet when it opens.

Back