Get your personalized facebook link

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bigbid

Reaction score
Someday the facebook link you have could be as valuable as your website url. You can now log into facebook, go to account, go to account settings and change username to something easy. Then your facebook address will be - www.facebook.com/yourname I tried a bunch of short bed and breakfast terms and they were all taken. On a fluke, for my business account, I put in my city name and it was available. I put in my city and state names for my personal and it was also available. Get yours fast before all the good ones are gone. I think you need 25 fans to get a name. The advantage is you can tell someone your facebook name is "facebook/myinn" and they go straight there. Good Luck

Bigbid said:
Someday the facebook link you have could be as valuable as your website url. . . .
Your fb account URL will never be as valuable as your website, as long as you own your domain and control the content. (You do, don't you?) With fb, you are only renting. If fb shuts your account down, everything you've posted there is gone and inaccessible by your fans and future audience.

Depends, I find myself more and more dependent on facebook for contacting people.

Depends, I find myself more and more dependent on facebook for contacting people..
toddburme said:
Depends, I find myself more and more dependent on facebook for contacting people.
Granted, that's where you're going to find them -- because that's where they are! Six hundred MILLION people can't be wrong. Bigbid's original idea is incredibly valuable, too. You need your "vanity" URL to make it easy for folks to find and remember you.
Just be careful about putting all your eggs into the fb basket, because you don't own that basket. It -- and everything in it -- can be taken away at any time, especially if you are using a fb profile as your business presence on fb.
Use fb to contact and interact, but do everything you can to get them to YOUR website/blog/inn.

Bigbid said:
Someday the facebook link you have could be as valuable as your website url. . . .
Your fb account URL will never be as valuable as your website, as long as you own your domain and control the content. (You do, don't you?) With fb, you are only renting. If fb shuts your account down, everything you've posted there is gone and inaccessible by your fans and future audience..
I agree. I see some folks trying to make Facebook their website. Won't work...in my mind. I grow more tired day by day hiding mindless posts I don't care to see. Soon, these so called "friends" are making me quite weary and wondering why they spend the time on wasteless chatter. I will be getting rid of most of them very soon.

Bigbid said:
Your fb account URL will never be as valuable as your website, as long as you own your domain and control the content. (You do, don't you?) With fb, you are only renting. If fb shuts your account down, everything you've posted there is gone and inaccessible by your fans and future audience..
I agree. I see some folks trying to make Facebook their website. Won't work...in my mind. I grow more tired day by day hiding mindless posts I don't care to see. Soon, these so called "friends" are making me quite weary and wondering why they spend the time on wasteless chatter. I will be getting rid of most of them very soon.
I agree. Catlady. Also these mindless games that relatives and friends try and get one to join in on - I don't have the time.
RIki

Bigbid said:
My original post was just to inform those who did know about the ability to get the “vanity name”. Of course I consider my web site url more valuable now but there are many articles talking about how facebook is working toward becoming the “one stop” site for searching and social media.
According to the Finanical Times:
Social networking website Facebook has capped a year of phenomenal growth by overtaking Google’s popularity among US internet users, with industry data showing it has scored more visits on its home page than the search engine.
With even the chance of facebook overtaking everything, grab your name fast.

Okay, where is this setting? Or do you have to have a completely seperate acccount on FB to do it (and therefore I would be violating their ToS because I have a personal account too. PITA that FB is.

Okay, where is this setting? Or do you have to have a completely seperate acccount on FB to do it (and therefore I would be violating their ToS because I have a personal account too. PITA that FB is..
For those of you who aren't AARP members...yet...here's a cute site you need to check out. http://www.teachparentstech.org/

We probably need a new thread but we should like each others Inn/B&B page. Anyone agree? I like trying to keep my personal FB and my B&B FB seperate. So my B&B page could like yours.

Okay, where is this setting? Or do you have to have a completely seperate acccount on FB to do it (and therefore I would be violating their ToS because I have a personal account too. PITA that FB is..
For those of you who aren't AARP members...yet...here's a cute site you need to check out. http://www.teachparentstech.org/
catlady said:
I SO need to make sure my mother sees that site! Altho, I'm her tech support person and it's ok with me.

catlady said:
I SO need to make sure my mother sees that site! Altho, I'm her tech support person and it's ok with me.
Alibi Ike said:
catlady said:
Mother = see that site, now that one had me laughing! Actually my mother does do email. That's a rap!

Back