Getting bad reviews online and moving on

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cbc_radio_producer

Reaction score
Hi Innkeepers,
I'm a radio producer with the Canadian Broadcasting Corp. (Canadian public radio.) I'm doing a story about how business owners handle bad/damaging reviews online, and what they can do to dust themselves off and carry on.
What I'm missing is a business owner who can tell me a personal story about being in this situation. Maybe you had a bad employee who tainted your reputation, or maybe it was a guest with unrealistic expectations? If you're game to be on radio, I'd love to talk to you.
Ideally, I'm looking for a Canadian innkeeper, so if this is you, or you know someone, please email me at elizabeth [dot] bowie [at] cbc.ca
Many thanks for your help.
Elizabeth Bowie
producer, CBC Radio.
Spark, the tech and culture show (cbc.ca/spark)

I am in Canada but have not had a bad experience at all. I do know some who have so I will take the liberty of copying your message above to a private Canadian forum and perhaps you will get some response. I know that Trip Advisor is discussed here quite a bit and also in Canada. I think it's a good topic for Spark!! I am an avid CBC listener and am looking forward to your upcoming programs on Spark.
Good luck with this, Elizabeth!!

Maybe you should talk with Jay Karen of PAII. He has been meeting and talking with TripAdvisor on behalf of the B &B's.

I am in Canada but have not had a bad experience at all. I do know some who have so I will take the liberty of copying your message above to a private Canadian forum and perhaps you will get some response. I know that Trip Advisor is discussed here quite a bit and also in Canada. I think it's a good topic for Spark!! I am an avid CBC listener and am looking forward to your upcoming programs on Spark.
Good luck with this, Elizabeth!!.
Thanks very much.I really appreciate any help you can offer!

Back