Getting More Business by Going Pet Friendly - PAII webinar

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gosh the pet business. We have taken dogs here since we bought the place. It has been a great source of enjoyment and brought the right kind of guests to us. The great majority of our guests are middle aged to retired couples who are bringing the "kids" with them. We have strict rules, i.e. no dog can be left unattended, must be housebroken, etc.
Having mostly like-minded guests that are close in age as well, has made for many friendships among the guests .
Of course we have had our share of unruly dog owners as well. Those go on the "pigs - never to return" list.
There have been times when I stood in the laundry room, yelling at the dryer, because there was no one else there to yell at, that this was the last dog that has slept here, haha.

the only pets i took were service animals so i know nothing of how it works.
if you take dogs, do they come into the breakfast room and common areas with their owners or are they confined to guest rooms? do you ever have dogs that try to fight one another?.
Only dogs in the Cottage (limit 2) and breakfast is room service on a tray family style. Have only one Cottage so no fighting. I have a 3/4 acre yard and I ask the owner to use my garden shovel to deposit dog do into my flower beds, its fertilizer for flowers.If they leave for the day either take the dog or it can be left in a floored cage in the Cottage. Dog policy is on my site. I have a kennel(chain link fence area)in my yard but it has never been used.Might sell it this spring. A dog is the same as bringing a child, owners are to bring all needed equipement .This works for me....Mary in Bridgewater
Next time we go to the Green Valley Bookfair we will have to look you up!
(Although I promised myself I would read at least half the books I bought last time before I get to go again and haven't yet)
O.K. I'am about 4 miles west of Green Valley Bookfair in the lovely Shenandoah Valley. They have some great auctions also....Mary in B'water.
We LOVE the Green Valley Book Fair. Try to visit every year around Memorial Day.
See...
http://www.flickr.com/photos/myshipoopi/517059225
http://www.flickr.com/photos/myshipoopi/2539527133
My wife is from Harrisonburg and my in-laws both taught at Madison College/JMU for 20 years.
I look forward to visiting the Shenandoah Valley as often as I can.
You must have had the crowds corralled to get those photos! This is why we have to stay overnight, so we can get there right when it opens.
The other thing we do is - bring the truck! I love that place. DH says we could SAVE money by paying full price at B&N, but it is the thrill of the hunt!
I knew there was something I liked about you Jay, your wife is a Virginian!
tounge_smile.gif

Indeed, she is the most admirable part about me. :)
I had the pleasure of living and working in Charlottesville many moons ago. It's when I fell in love with Virginia. Plus, I'm a fan of 19th century American History, so there is plenty to enjoy in the Commonwealth.
One of my top ten favorite places on earth: Kline's Dairy Barn in H'burg http://www.flickr.com/photos/myshipoopi/2539527133
Oh, back to business. A reminder that under our new membership model, the Pet Friendly webinar is free for Gold and Platinum PAII members (everyone in the membership was grandfathered into Platinum on Oct 5).
I just have to say that is one of the sweetest things that I've ever heard a hubby say about his wife. :) How nice!

Back