Getting people from your website to your blog

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

happyjacks

Reaction score
If you have a blog, how are you getting people there from your website?
I see that some have a link in the navigation called "Blog"; others include a link somewhere else on the page; some of the links specifically say "blog" while others use a different name (newsletter, more about the area, etc); some I can't find the link at all even though I know they have a blog.
Is one way better than another? Is there a reasoning behind these choices?
Please share your thoughts.
Thanks.

I have a link on my newsletters page that says 'Speedy news...restaurant reviews...local happenings...click here to read our blog...'. I want to add a link from the nav pane as well, but that requires I get the CSS code built or update each and every page individually every single time I make a change. Not there yet.
So, I want to do it both ways, just haven't.
I do get a lot of traffic to my site from the blog. Most don't stay, they just came to look for the specific piece of info they wanted about something else going on. BUT, I have gotten one rez from the blog.
For me, the traffic is more FROM the blog TO the website, rather than the other way round. The blog is more nimble and I don't have to dither around about where to link the info like I do when I add it to the website. 'What page does this belong on, where on the page, etc?' I put it in the blog and then link back where I think it should go, or directly to the avail cal.
I just added a special on the blog and linked it back to the website. Google moves the blog info to the top of the heap a lot faster than it crawls my website for changes.
I also linked the special on the website back to the blog for more info.

Good question, and Bree had a good answer. It is usually my intention to do as she mentioned, funel people from the blog to your website. Though if your blog has great content on it, getting potential guests to it can help them decide that you are the knowledgeable soul they should stay with.
Personally, I almost always decide based on my perception of the innkeeper's knowledge. This is especially true if I am headed someplace that has a lot of B&B's that seem to have similar locations and ammenities. The knowledgeable innkeeper will always win out.
Where to get them to your blog depends on what the topic of the blog is. If your blog is strictly about you and the inn, then maybe link to it from the "About" page. If the blog is more of an area guide then I would link to it from your "attractions" or "things to do" page. If you are confident in the quality and usefulness of your blog then absolutely get it into your main navigation. I have some clients that are doing very well with their blogs and I have others who have real difficulty putting worthwhile posts together. The ones that are doing a stellar job, I encourage to feature it prominently. The ones who are marginal on the writing I make suggestions for improvement .. some get it some don't...if they continue to not get it, I don't encourage them to feature is prominently.

Thank you, guys, for the great advice. I've (finally) just started mine and will see which way it grows.

Good question, and Bree had a good answer. It is usually my intention to do as she mentioned, funel people from the blog to your website. Though if your blog has great content on it, getting potential guests to it can help them decide that you are the knowledgeable soul they should stay with.
Personally, I almost always decide based on my perception of the innkeeper's knowledge. This is especially true if I am headed someplace that has a lot of B&B's that seem to have similar locations and ammenities. The knowledgeable innkeeper will always win out.
Where to get them to your blog depends on what the topic of the blog is. If your blog is strictly about you and the inn, then maybe link to it from the "About" page. If the blog is more of an area guide then I would link to it from your "attractions" or "things to do" page. If you are confident in the quality and usefulness of your blog then absolutely get it into your main navigation. I have some clients that are doing very well with their blogs and I have others who have real difficulty putting worthwhile posts together. The ones that are doing a stellar job, I encourage to feature it prominently. The ones who are marginal on the writing I make suggestions for improvement .. some get it some don't...if they continue to not get it, I don't encourage them to feature is prominently..
Good point about the location of the link and why. I'm adding a link to the blog from the to do page. It's only just been on the newsletters page because I was really only using it to drive traffic back to the website. I can see your point, tho, because mine is more of a travel blog with things to do, etc. So the link should be where guests can get an in depth picture of the things to do.

Where to get them to your blog depends on what the topic of the blog is. If your blog is strictly about you and the inn, then maybe link to it from the "About" page. If the blog is more of an area guide then I would link to it from your "attractions" or "things to do" page. If you are confident in the quality and usefulness of your blog then absolutely get it into your main navigation. I have some clients that are doing very well with their blogs and I have others who have real difficulty putting worthwhile posts together. The ones that are doing a stellar job, I encourage to feature it prominently. The ones who are marginal on the writing I make suggestions for improvement .. some get it some don't...if they continue to not get it, I don't encourage them to feature is prominently..
Good point about the location of the link and why. I'm adding a link to the blog from the to do page. It's only just been on the newsletters page because I was really only using it to drive traffic back to the website. I can see your point, tho, because mine is more of a travel blog with things to do, etc. So the link should be where guests can get an in depth picture of the things to do.
I have the link on every page. It is for guests, so anyone staying here can learn about the area, the restaurants, the events, and since I am using my side bar for upcoming events, I will link to it everywhere.
So far no guest can commented that they read it however. Does that mean none have? Not sure. I don't think it has brought any addtl business, but is more of an added service and marketing tool.

If you are going to blog, make sure it is updated regularly. Like aforementioned, write two or three at once and have the others in standby to post when you are too busy.
The local newspaper can always be a good source for blog articles.

I have the link on every page. It is for guests, so anyone staying here can learn about the area, the restaurants, the events, and since I am using my side bar for upcoming events, I will link to it everywhere.
So far no guest can commented that they read it however. Does that mean none have? Not sure. I don't think it has brought any addtl business, but is more of an added service and marketing tool.
The way I know I got biz from the blog is the guest specifically said she was looking for info and found my blog, followed it to the website and called. And she said exactly what Swirt said...I had the info she needed when she needed it and she figured I knew what was going on.

The way I know I got biz from the blog is the guest specifically said she was looking for info and found my blog, followed it to the website and called. And she said exactly what Swirt said...I had the info she needed when she needed it and she figured I knew what was going on.
Hey I just looked at your blog and it rocks! I mean that, truly. So much useful and fun information. Agree with Swirt also, that tells me you know the area well and can tell me some neat places to go. Heck I can read about them on your blog.
regular_smile.gif

Hey I just looked at your blog and it rocks! I mean that, truly. So much useful and fun information. Agree with Swirt also, that tells me you know the area well and can tell me some neat places to go. Heck I can read about them on your blog.
regular_smile.gif

Ok, point me to it
embaressed_smile.gif

regular_smile.gif

Ok, point me to it
embaressed_smile.gif

If JBJ meant my blog, scroll up to my first reply and click the link. If she meant someone else's blog...rats!

regular_smile.gif

Ok, point me to it
embaressed_smile.gif

If JBJ meant my blog, scroll up to my first reply and click the link. If she meant someone else's blog...rats!
Yours I know
thumbs_up.gif

Finden Sie die neuste Brautkleider 2012, brautmoden 2012 für Ihre Traum Brautkleid. Custom Brautkleid design nach dem Foto.
The Little Black Dress
In 1920er Jahren in Paris, produziert Jean Patou und Chanel die extrem ersten winzigen dunklen Kleid. schnell es zu einem â € œuniform für alle die Weibchen besitzen Geschmack wuchs, bar dress bar dress â € vor allem auf die rechtzeitige Vorhersage von Vogue-Magazin basiert.
Die Färbung dunkel war nur angezogen in Trauer Abständen früher 1920er Jahren. es war völlig angenommen, dass sich in sündigen oder unanständig für Frauen online shops abendkleider , die auf schwarzem wurden Putting einzuschalten. Für längere Zeit besten nach dem Planeten Krieg wurde zunächst entlang Ausnutzung der Ausbruch der Spanischen Grippe, Frauen Inverkehrbringen dunklen immer in Frankreich weit verbreitet. Etwas das Stigma wurde aufgehoben.
Da wir wissen, Chanel erfand ein großes Angebot in den Entwürfen von Frauen erhalten ein Element in der Ära der â € œanti-corsetâ €. Kurz nachdem sie beschrieben sie halten als â € œnothing eine volle Menge viel, viel mehr im Vergleich zum Wandel der Kleidung von Erwachsenen Männern in Orgasmusstörungen € ™ s Frisuren, Krawatten, Manschetten und jackets.â € Für die Herstellung von Outfits brautmoden , die stattfinden, überlegen zu sein und unkompliziert sie schwer gearbeitet, auch wenn sie produziert haben, ein Skandal.
Durch seine Eleganz, Einfachheit und Kosteneffizienz, brautmode online shop brautmode online shop kurze ballkleider haben Frauen im Laufe des Kleides gezogen worden. feinsten bald nach als Alternative ein paar Jahren, hat die bemerkenswerte depressive Störung gezwungen Lasten von Männern und Frauen zu sparen. Diese gewachsenen den winzigen schwarzen Kleidern Bestätigung gegeben, dass es absolut war eine kostengünstige Möglichkeit für die Suche sinnvoll.
In den Vereinigten Staaten abend und brautmode , war das Kleid von Nettie Rosenstein, ein maßgeschneidertes-based in New York populär gemacht. trotz der Tatsache, dass einige behaupten, braut online shop dass früher auf Chanel sie gewürzt worden erfinden das Kleid, doch die Beweise sind dünn. Chanelâ € ™ s Rivalin Elsa Schiaparelli, durch die Einführung einer Auflage mit Wrap-Around in der LBD, abendkleider günstig online abendkleider günstig online wären sie setzen ihre exklusive ausgezeichnete Note.
Es gewürzt längeren Ärmeln und â € œChanelâ € ™ s Ford, â € könnte wahrscheinlich die Phrase sie als mit der Presse erkannt werden. Die Ärmel sind ebenso wie die am Saum in den folgenden Jahrzehnten verkürzt eliminiert. Für â € œBreakfast bei Tiffanyâ € ™ s € Audrey Hepburn trug den kleinen schwarzen Kleidern und wahrscheinlich die wahrscheinlich eine bestimmte der am effektivsten bekannten winzigen dunklen Kleid könnte. Recht hier sind wir nicht zu erwähnen das dunkle nur ein einziges angezogen von Betty Boop. In diesen Tagen ist jeder solo und jeder einzelne Daten für Design Trompeten das Kleid gegeben, brautkleid in großen größen dass die Orgasmusstörungen € ™ s Kleiderschrank Grundnahrungsmittel.
Hallo brautkleid gr. 48 brautkleid gr. 48, ich sherise bin, bin ich ziemlich Ehre, Artikel direkt hier eintragen.
abendkleider shop online

Back