Getting ready for our AR trip

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

birdwatcher

Reaction score
Well we've packed what we "WANT" to take and will probably end up taking what we "NEED" to take, tried to find a car carrier, the old fashioned ones that you don't need a car rack for, well guess they don't make them anymore or the local places here don't carry them, thought of that a little too late.
So...we will have to do it in a Cruiser, yes lots can fit in c Cruiser hubby fit a 40 gallon hot water heater in it al most bet the Lowes guy that $ that it would fit. Anyway, I don't know what will win out-the TV or breakfast/baking stuff...its a tough call for a baker cause if it where me it would be the stuff we use here. That B & B didn't have much to be desired with bowls and stuff. Plus lets not forget our two kitties...Ozzy and Elmo on a long trip PLUS we have to find a pet friendly place (cats) to spend the night in Nashville. People have an adversion to cats it seems, if its a cute fuzzy dog running around in circles yapping its "cute" but if its a cat...many think that they are such isolationists that you could not possibly think of them as "cute".
Will keep you abreast of the situation as we go along.

Woohooo!
As someone who has moved A LOT, here's my advice on the cooking/baking stuff. Ship it ahead. It doesn't really cost all that much and then you'll have everything you want/need when you get there.

We spent 9 days in a cabin last week... packed everything for the four of us (plus us!) in a Ford Focus hatchback. You can do it! My tip: pack condiments and minimal food, and make a grocery run on your first day.
My ds6x2 did super well in the car... one stop for a picnic lunch and one stop for gas/potty/walk about in both directions. My secret? Books on Tape! (They work well for adults, too!)
Have fun!
=)
Kk.

Did you check at sporting goods stores like Academy? I know I have seen them recently - somewhere. They are made of canvas and may not be weather proof but I have seen them.
Otherwise, I like Innkeepers suggestion.
thumbs_up.gif
Good luck and safe travels!

We spent 9 days in a cabin last week... packed everything for the four of us (plus us!) in a Ford Focus hatchback. You can do it! My tip: pack condiments and minimal food, and make a grocery run on your first day.
My ds6x2 did super well in the car... one stop for a picnic lunch and one stop for gas/potty/walk about in both directions. My secret? Books on Tape! (They work well for adults, too!)
Have fun!
=)
Kk..
KK, glad to hear you got away - sorry I wasn't able to help!

Back