Getting Removed From Trip Advisor

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just finished reading the responses froma a few months regarding trying to get off Trip Advisor. We purchased our inn on Nov. 20th and the previous owners had 35 reviews on TA; all but one was positive. We've only gotten 1 review (positive), but I feel like I'm lying to prospective guests. Those reviews are not mine. Of course on our website it says we are the new owners and the date of purchase, etc., but I know prospective guests are not checking the dates. I cannot get TA to take them off. I would rather have none than have 35 great reviews that are not mine. Your thoughts?.
Dee C. said:
I just finished reading the responses froma a few months regarding trying to get off Trip Advisor. We purchased our inn on Nov. 20th and ... I cannot get TA to take them off.
You should be able to get the old reviews wiped out. You just have to provide evidence of new ownership and the date that the change of ownership took place. I've had several clients do that without a problem.
I guess the issue I would consider regarding feeling like you are lying / misrepresenting your inn is to look at the reviews and decide whether they are more about the old innkeepers, or more about the inn itself. Are there services being discussed in old reviews that you no longer offer, or an approach that is fundementally different than what you offer now?
Ditto.
TripAdvisor will remove old reviews when there's been a change of ownership.
But unless there's been a fundamental change in the inn's offerings and the existing reviews are good, no reason to feel like anyone is being misled.

Back