Gettysburg and Williamsburg Tour

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Penelope

Reaction score
My parents are planning a trip to Williamsburg and Gettysburg. They would rather stay at B&Bs. I've never been there (to either place), so I am not sure where to direct them. We are in Ohio. It'll be a 9 hour trip to Williamsburg for the first leg (3 or 4 days) and then up to Gettysburg for the last leg (another 3 or 4 days).
Any ideas?

Penelope said:
Any ideas?
Price ranges, and do they want to be right in town or pretty close by? I have a couple I could recommend in and around Gettysburg from personal experience. My only time in Williamsburg we stayed at the Lodge on property for a conference, but toured one of the B&Bs there. CL probably has better recommendations there.

I would check the Bed and Breakfast ASsn of Virginia website.
Riki

Bentley Manor would be my first choice. Colonial Gardens is nice and Legacy of Williamsburg rates high as does Williamsburg Whitehouse. Didn't we have a few forum members here from Gettysburg? What was the name of the one right next to the battlefield?

Here are the ones in and around Gettysburg that I know, from highest price to lowest price:
1844 Antrim in Taneytown, MD (about 15 miles) - beautiful sprawling Select Registry inn, with several outbuildings with guest rooms. Excellent restaurant and the rooms are upscale. Rooms are $200 to $400 and I think include a continental breakfast delivered to your door - you may have to pay extra for a full breakfast in the restaurant. I have never stayed but I have eaten there and toured the rooms - they are lovely. It is more like an estate inn than a traditional B&B.
Doubleday Inn B&B - perfect location right on the battlefield in Gettysburg. Lots of history stuff there, and great grounds for walking or touring the battlefield. Rooms are $135 to $195, I think, and include a full delicious breakfast. Nicely welcoming hosts and I like their dog, too. I have stayed there and was very comfortable and well-fed. More of a traditional B&B. My room was the Cutler with a sunset view of the battlefield and a very spacious bathroom.
Beechmont Inn in Hanover, PA (around 15 miles) - also a more traditional B&B but some of the rooms have whirlpool tubs. A Select Registry inn and the innkeeper Kathryn is seriously one of the nicest human beings on the planet and an excellent cook to boot (she is one of the Eight Broads in a Kitchen). Rooms are $130 to $170 and include a full breakfast. There is at least one fine dining restaurant within walking distance (the Sheppard Mansion). I stayed in the Birch room.
Hope this helps. It might be worth noting that Quite the Stir in Gettysburg is an unhosted cottage rather than a traditional B&B.

Here are the ones in and around Gettysburg that I know, from highest price to lowest price:
1844 Antrim in Taneytown, MD (about 15 miles) - beautiful sprawling Select Registry inn, with several outbuildings with guest rooms. Excellent restaurant and the rooms are upscale. Rooms are $200 to $400 and I think include a continental breakfast delivered to your door - you may have to pay extra for a full breakfast in the restaurant. I have never stayed but I have eaten there and toured the rooms - they are lovely. It is more like an estate inn than a traditional B&B.
Doubleday Inn B&B - perfect location right on the battlefield in Gettysburg. Lots of history stuff there, and great grounds for walking or touring the battlefield. Rooms are $135 to $195, I think, and include a full delicious breakfast. Nicely welcoming hosts and I like their dog, too. I have stayed there and was very comfortable and well-fed. More of a traditional B&B. My room was the Cutler with a sunset view of the battlefield and a very spacious bathroom.
Beechmont Inn in Hanover, PA (around 15 miles) - also a more traditional B&B but some of the rooms have whirlpool tubs. A Select Registry inn and the innkeeper Kathryn is seriously one of the nicest human beings on the planet and an excellent cook to boot (she is one of the Eight Broads in a Kitchen). Rooms are $130 to $170 and include a full breakfast. There is at least one fine dining restaurant within walking distance (the Sheppard Mansion). I stayed in the Birch room.
Hope this helps. It might be worth noting that Quite the Stir in Gettysburg is an unhosted cottage rather than a traditional B&B..
I will email them this list! Thanks :)

Back