GF, Vegan Porridge

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sunne

Reaction score
Hello,
If you are looking for a gluten free, vegan breakfast this recipe can be made to accommodate that. Just make sure the oatmeal is GF. Use Maple Syrup instead of Honey and it's vegan. You can use any "milk" of choice depending on the guests needs.
https://www.strongfitnessmag.com/nu...nt-grain-porridge-with-fresh-berries-almonds/Although, I think I'd like an alternative name for it. Nobody wants "porridge" but once they eat it, they love it. And it's super filling. I also add amaranth and cut back on the oatmeal. I usually serve it as a "breakfast bowl" with rows of different fruit on the top and if nuts are okay, I add nuts. Also, if not vegan, I add some lightly sweetened Greek yogurt (with vanilla and maple syrup) on the top. Just thought I'd share an alternative that doesn't require using a lot of, what I would call, special ingredients. These are grains I use for other things anyway. Happy to hear any suggestions for improvement or a crafty name for it :)

We offer oatmeal and people love it. I offer a choice of toppings so they can have it the way they like. A big hit for vegans and celiac sufferers as well as dairy freeers and vegetarians.

My new quickie starter "go to" for vegans and non-vegans alike: Chia seeds mixed with either coconut milk or almond milk (1/4 C. chia seeds, black or white, to 3/4 C. milk). Mix in a little maple syrup, honey or lemon curd and let it sit 10-20 minutes to thicken up, overnight is even better. I serve it with either fruit like berries, or toasted pecans, or any combination of bananas/unsweetened coconut/ dates/dried mango/pineapple for a tropical slant. Lemon curd with blue berries is a winner too. Toasted pecans with unsweetened coconut and a little almond syrup...
It is also good with a little Greek yogurt mixed in. Limitless toppings. It also works well for a vegan main course.

Back