Gift Cards are a dirty word

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
oh yeah having a full house with lights, a/c and all is cheaper than NO ONE HERE and the heat on as low as possible, If it goes below freezing the heating here is ineffective. I have the gas fireplace on in here right now and am bundled up. It is not even as cold as most here on the forum have it (outside temps). Old houses. Not energy efficient. at all..
I just went to answer the door. It is 57 degrees in the inn.

Yes it seems like in January all the evil toll free # callers come out of the woodwork to harass us all when it is the slowest month (for most of us). Someone phoned last week from a town 3 hrs. away wanting us to donate a 2 night stay for an auction they are having. I try not to get down in the dumps but I do when those are the only calls we are getting. DH is also trying to super insulate/sound proof this old house and has ripped apart the entire third floor to do that and renovate at the same time. This is a costly endeavour which has pretty much wiped us out so I’m hoping it will be finished soon and be worth it. I have started to decorate for Valentine’s day in hopes that guests will start to come. So far, a very cold January up here in Canada, (with snow up to my waist) and our occupany rate is down. from last January. We all have to realize that spring is coming and it will pick up.
I know ….the subject is gift cards. I only take the ones we issue as well. Just had to vent today.

Yes it seems like in January all the evil toll free # callers come out of the woodwork to harass us all when it is the slowest month (for most of us). Someone phoned last week from a town 3 hrs. away wanting us to donate a 2 night stay for an auction they are having. I try not to get down in the dumps but I do when those are the only calls we are getting. DH is also trying to super insulate/sound proof this old house and has ripped apart the entire third floor to do that and renovate at the same time. This is a costly endeavour which has pretty much wiped us out so I’m hoping it will be finished soon and be worth it. I have started to decorate for Valentine’s day in hopes that guests will start to come. So far, a very cold January up here in Canada, (with snow up to my waist) and our occupany rate is down. from last January. We all have to realize that spring is coming and it will pick up.
I know ….the subject is gift cards. I only take the ones we issue as well. Just had to vent today..
Completely understand your gripe. I just blanced the checkbook and we're spending just as much with no guests as we do any other month. Everything comes due now, and even though we've saved for the bills, it still hurts to have a neg balance every month. And the calls for donations haven't stopped.

Back