Gift Certificates for sale at your B&B

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBloggs

Reaction score
I am my own worst enemy, a lady called for a GC and I already decided I was not going to tell any more as we are for sale, and so I bent and am now printing one off. How could I not? One in the hand is better than three in the field. LOL
I guess I should rescind my comment about not selling them (I don't sell them often enough anyway). But I am still holding my ground on the BandB.com gc's, not taking them.

I also do not take any other GCs than my own. I just sold one this month as a wedding gift. Even if I sell, thre are ot enough of my GCs out there to hurt me financially in a sale situation. This wedding gift was almost enough for my honking loan payment - I could not turn that away!
My GCs are my creative outlet. Each one is personalized in design for the giver and receiver. It also helps eliminate the duplication factor. I know what I created for each one.

I think the for sale thing is a big deal breaker on selling the GC's. Once we make the move to sell, I won't sell them anymore, either. Just don't want the accounting hassles of handing over the money on closing and hoping I didn't miss one.

I am just trying to tidy things up as I go.
She said they will be here within the month, so I had to!! I, at first tried to get her to just PAY FOR THEIR STAY and I would send a rack card to them and it all sounded so pathetic that i just said "Let's do the Gift Certificate" DH walked past shaking his head.
And I think this is a twitter follower who bought the GC. She mentioned twitter and the reviews and said she was so excited for them to stay with us. So that is really the only place I keep adding "Read our reviews" and all that rubbish, ahem, marketing.
teeth_smile.gif

I just wish I would do what I say and say what I want.

We stopped selling our own GCs last July and now refer people to buy them at Bnbfinder (we take those and Select Registry). In December we had a phone call from someone who wanted to buy six gcs as last minute gifts for wedding attendants. It really hurt to send over $1000 in revenue to someone else, but we still sent them to Bnbfinder. I just keep thinking every time another one gets used that I won't have to take any in the fall this year, which makes me very happy.
I'm not a fan of them in general, but at least the BnbFinder and Select Registry ones are good at a selection of B&Bs. So if someone loves us and gets one as a gift, we are only one of many places they may choose.

She said they will be here within the month, so I had to!! I, at first tried to get her to just PAY FOR THEIR STAY and I would send a rack card to them and it all sounded so pathetic that i just said "Let's do the Gift Certificate" DH walked past shaking his head.
And I think this is a twitter follower who bought the GC. She mentioned twitter and the reviews and said she was so excited for them to stay with us. So that is really the only place I keep adding "Read our reviews" and all that rubbish, ahem, marketing.
teeth_smile.gif

I just wish I would do what I say and say what I want..
Joey Bloggs said:
teeth_smile.gif

I just wish I would do what I say and say what I want.
Just goes to show that there's an exception to every rule.

teeth_smile.gif

I just wish I would do what I say and say what I want..
As long as it was going to be soon, I'd do it too. But, that said, I did a GC for a couple who were supposed to be coming in May. They never showed up. Never called to make the rez. So, now I have this GC on file for whenever they get around to coming. But, it's an odd one for an odd amount that doesn't cover the cost of the room now.

Back