Give out those biz cards!!

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gillumhouse

Staff member
Reaction score
When I go to the stores I always have biz cards with me and when I shop at Ko hl's or other stores for B & B stuff, I mention the B & B and hand out cards.
About 30 minutes ago I got a call from a couple at the shopping center. They had gone into Ko hl's and for some reason had mentioned they had been looking for a room and the closest they could find was Kingwood (another 90 minutes from me). the lady at Ko hl's told them about us. Another room booked in tonight!! Woohoo! You never know when that card will pay off. They love the place and say they will be back (time will tell but it is nice to hear).

Amazingly, I had one with me the other day when I was boarding a boat. Met an innsitter standing in line.

Morticia. My love. WB.
Regards also to Gomez. Best breakfast your side of the Mason-Dixon.

I even have my mum carry them - they went on an overnight trip to edinburgh and gave them out to people on the trip!

Amazingly, I had one with me the other day when I was boarding a boat. Met an innsitter standing in line..
Morticia said:
Amazingly, I had one with me the other day when I was boarding a boat. Met an innsitter standing in line.
Now that's a sign!

my father works part time as a parts-runner for Carquest. He delivers auto parts to the repair shops when they need them, rather than keep a huge inventory. Anyway, he carries our business cards with him all the time and passes them out to just about everybody he talks to. My dad can start a conversation with a rock. He's the least expensive piece of my marketing ammunition.

my father works part time as a parts-runner for Carquest. He delivers auto parts to the repair shops when they need them, rather than keep a huge inventory. Anyway, he carries our business cards with him all the time and passes them out to just about everybody he talks to. My dad can start a conversation with a rock. He's the least expensive piece of my marketing ammunition..
Aussie Innkeeper said:
My dad can start a conversation with a rock. He's the least expensive piece of my marketing ammunition.

I have a dad very similar. I've always said that 'he's never met a stranger.' And it's true. He can talk with anyone, anywhere, any time. It also seems as if he KNOWS everyone. The farthest he's ever been from home and recognized someone he knew was 1300 miles. He was in the tip top of the UP of Michigan, walking along a main street in a small town and spotted someone across the street that he knew from the town he grew up in 50 years ago. It's incredible to me.
Love him dearly...

Update - they are already talking about coming for another football game later in the season. This was their first B & B and he was saying he is sorry he did not kow about us sooner. He said they live so far up the hollow they cannot get Internet service.
He said he hunts - they eat more deer than any other meat and when he found out we like venison, he said the next time they come, he will bring me some venison. THAT will be wonderful if it actually happens. We do not count our chickens....

Update - they are already talking about coming for another football game later in the season. This was their first B & B and he was saying he is sorry he did not kow about us sooner. He said they live so far up the hollow they cannot get Internet service.
He said he hunts - they eat more deer than any other meat and when he found out we like venison, he said the next time they come, he will bring me some venison. THAT will be wonderful if it actually happens. We do not count our chickens.....
gillumhouse said:
He said he hunts - they eat more deer than any other meat and when he found out we like venison, he said the next time they come, he will bring me some venison. THAT will be wonderful if it actually happens. We do not count our chickens....
...or in this case, deer :)

We have guests coming in a couple of weeks that we met briefly 11 years ago on a Panama Canal cruise. DH always seems to have cards on him and I guess he gave them one on our trip. As far as I can recall, this is the ONLY time we've ever had someone stay because of handing out cards.
We even handed out cards for a couple of years that had a 10% discount offer on the back. No takers!

Back