give us a really good package deal

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yikers! I guess they were thinking they were doing YOU a favor! These are the scenarios when I'd like to just tell those people that we'd charge EXTRA. 'Cuz you know my theory about big groups. Good grief..........

Well since as someone mentioned this forum is to give advice to new / aspiring innkeepers, I would just have said
"As you can imagine Thanksgiving is a very busy period for us, however I would be happy to offer a 10% discount for a multi room booking"
I do NOT know what each Inns personal situation is or where they are located but some Inns including mine will allow the guests (when they take the whole house) use of the kitchen and dining area for a specified time and a specified $$ with a specified deposit including cleanup ..... and they offer a local caterer, restaurant who can deliver or local grocery store like Publix or Kroger if you have one near that can offer pre-prepared dinners esp around Thanksgiving .. or just say you can't help with the dinner
and before everyone slams me (why do I even have to say that?/) I KNOW this is not everyone's cup of tea, it's just a suggestion. In my case it has worked that I have the same family that now books my Inn EVERY year Thanksgiving AND Memorial Day and "do their own thing" (no cleaning service, no breakfast, use of my kitchen) and have become like family to me. So technically I can go away and leave them, and they even take care of my pooches!!
So you never know what a little bit of "give" can do!!
(and I should add that it was this same family that started a "Save the Inn" campaign for me that more than made up for the concessions I make for them ) Good goes around?

Back