Glad to be back.....

INNspiring.com | Innkeeper Forum & Innkeeping Resources

Help Support INNspiring.com | Innkeeper Forum & Innkeeping Resources:

mooseberry

Reaction score
Hello everyone :)
back from my 4 week trip to Germany and browsing the topics I have missed...came along "My rooms are cheap" by sandynn.
I took my mom on a triop to Bavaria....stayed 3 nights in 2 different hotels. When I went to the Tourist Info center, I requested B&B's...got small hotels....
Now talk about cheap....1 small piece of soap in the bathroom, and an wmpty basket on the table....supply your own fruit???haha
Very old Feather blankets which weight a ton, not TV, Phone, pen and paper, plain nothing.....a bed and bathroom.
Oh, a closet, can't forget that. Carpets as dirty as could be....OK, the rooms were clean, but old, nothing new.
For Breakfast we got rolls and bread, jelly, a little cheese and some liversausage. Typical german breakfast when at home, but in hotels they should offer lots more.
All this for only 41.00 euro per person......one euro is about $1.40, that would meant that my room was $57.00 per person, 114.00 for two.
Now. for $100.00 I get lots more here.....
Glad to be back.....
But while I was gone, my Hubby ran he show and told me that a german couple came and looked at the rooms. They thought $129.00 was too much.....I don't think they ever stayed at a german hotel......they also drove a Merzedes....just too funny, some people are.....

Morticia

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Glad you're back and with tales to tell!

JunieBJones (JBJ)

Reaction score
Welcome home!
We had a couple from Germany here while you were gone as well.

mooseberry

Reaction score
Welcome home!
We had a couple from Germany here while you were gone as well..
Germans are usually very nice guests, but there are a few which you can't make happy no matter what you try.....
I know, I am german...haha

JunieBJones (JBJ)

Reaction score
Welcome home!
Germans are usually very nice guests, but there are a few which you can't make happy no matter what you try.....
Mooseberry Inn said:
They were very very nice! Spoke no english, so whatever I said they had no idea. They had a great time with a full table here on that Saturday for breakfast.

mooseberry

Reaction score
Welcome home!
Mooseberry Inn said:
They were very very nice! Spoke no english, so whatever I said they had no idea. They had a great time with a full table here on that Saturday for breakfast.
I had this with French and Italian people...but as long as they leave with a smile, I think we are doing all right :)

Samster

Reaction score
Welcome home!
Mooseberry Inn said:
That's interesting...how did you communicate about the things in the room, etc? I could go grab my German surrogate mother in that instance :)

mooseberry

Reaction score
Welcome home!
Mooseberry Inn said:
That's interesting...how did you communicate about the things in the room, etc? I could go grab my German surrogate mother in that instance :)
It was a far cry from easy...I just pretty much literally walked them trough everything I possibly could, kind of hands on.....like I took the soda's out of the fridge, gave them to them and motioned to drink, while nodding yes and smiling....it was very interesting.
I am thankful for hands and feet...:)

gillumhouse

Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome back. My cousin called me Sunday and he is giving me tickets to Germany in 2010 so I can come visit him (he is bringing his German son & family to the States in 2009 to visit his American son in CA and then his Mom in NH). He & his wife have 2 sons - one chose the States and the other chose Germany. I am giving me a passport for my birthday this year.

YellowSocks

Reaction score
Welcome back. My cousin called me Sunday and he is giving me tickets to Germany in 2010 so I can come visit him (he is bringing his German son & family to the States in 2009 to visit his American son in CA and then his Mom in NH). He & his wife have 2 sons - one chose the States and the other chose Germany. I am giving me a passport for my birthday this year..
gillumhouse said:
Welcome back. My cousin called me Sunday and he is giving me tickets to Germany in 2010 so I can come visit him (he is bringing his German son & family to the States in 2009 to visit his American son in CA and then his Mom in NH). He & his wife have 2 sons - one chose the States and the other chose Germany. I am giving me a passport for my birthday this year.
Oooh... so jealous! I want to come, too!
What part of Germany?
=)
Kk.

gillumhouse

Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome back. My cousin called me Sunday and he is giving me tickets to Germany in 2010 so I can come visit him (he is bringing his German son & family to the States in 2009 to visit his American son in CA and then his Mom in NH). He & his wife have 2 sons - one chose the States and the other chose Germany. I am giving me a passport for my birthday this year..
gillumhouse said:
What part of Germany?
=)
Kk.
Near Stutgartt but he has a motorhome and will take me wherever I want to go. I am to go for a minimum of 2 weeks and maybe 3 if I can get away that long. Lots can happen between now and then. He is about 72 now and I am not a spring chicken myself. So I am supposed to make a list of where I want to go and what I want to see and he is going to make a list of what he thinks are "must do".

YellowSocks

Reaction score
gillumhouse said:
What part of Germany?
=)
Kk.
Near Stutgartt but he has a motorhome and will take me wherever I want to go. I am to go for a minimum of 2 weeks and maybe 3 if I can get away that long. Lots can happen between now and then. He is about 72 now and I am not a spring chicken myself. So I am supposed to make a list of where I want to go and what I want to see and he is going to make a list of what he thinks are "must do".
gillumhouse said:
Wow! That is very cool!
=)
Kk.