Glad we didn't know beforehand...

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Madeleine

Reaction score
Guests just left after staying a week. What didn't we know until they told us at check-out? They own a restaurant. DH feels pressure when he knows someone is a 'real cook' and is in the biz!

I can relate to that! Better not to know until they're gone. Most chefs are happy with just having someone else cook the food for them. I'm sure they left happy and full!

I can relate to that! Better not to know until they're gone. Most chefs are happy with just having someone else cook the food for them. I'm sure they left happy and full!.
We were talking food when they were leaving. He said, 'I'm getting hungry again!' Long day for them today. They'll arrive home tomorrow at 6 AM with no downtime.

My son the chef never criticizes another chef's cooking, just says it is a differnt way of fixing it. However, he was in St Louis recently for his son's hockey team in a tournament and actually posted on FB that it was the worst food he had ever had and next time HE get to pick where the team eats. It MUST have been bad food for him to do that.

My son the chef never criticizes another chef's cooking, just says it is a differnt way of fixing it. However, he was in St Louis recently for his son's hockey team in a tournament and actually posted on FB that it was the worst food he had ever had and next time HE get to pick where the team eats. It MUST have been bad food for him to do that..
gillumhouse said:
"different way of fixing it"
You're not allowed to use the term "fixing" or "fixin". That is the state verb of Texas.
wink_smile.gif

My son the chef never criticizes another chef's cooking, just says it is a differnt way of fixing it. However, he was in St Louis recently for his son's hockey team in a tournament and actually posted on FB that it was the worst food he had ever had and next time HE get to pick where the team eats. It MUST have been bad food for him to do that..
gillumhouse said:
You're not allowed to use the term "fixing" or "fixin". That is the state verb of Texas.
wink_smile.gif

We try to avoid using any form of the word/verb fix in male company.

gillumhouse said:
wink_smile.gif

We try to avoid using any form of the word/verb fix in male company.
thumbs_up.gif

They probably didn't tell you beforehand for that very reason. I'm sure they loved every second of their stay.

gillumhouse said:
My son the chef never criticizes another chef's cooking, just says it is a differnt way of fixing it. However, he was in St Louis recently for his son's hockey team in a tournament and actually posted on FB that it was the worst food he had ever had and next time HE get to pick where the team eats. It MUST have been bad food for him to do that.
I wonder where they ate? Hmmmm. ......

gillumhouse said:
I wonder where they ate? Hmmmm. ......
I asked - - Emp erors Palace

Back