Glasses in bathroom

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Heavy glass and they're on small trays. They come out of the dishwasher and get a piece of plastic over them. Health dept likes that. Used ones are replaced daily except the ones that folks put their toothbrush in. Like some other folks here, the only glasses that have been broken have been by me! Sometimes, I am a klutz....

I think the nicest touch I've seen was a BNB we stayed at previously where they bought all their glasses from IKEA (inexpensive!) and got the etched by a local guy to have their logo on each glass. They also had pre-printed paper covers for the glasses.
As new Innkeepers, I think we will opt for glass, too. (Except by the pool where we require acrylic or plastic!)
--Eriks

I think the nicest touch I've seen was a BNB we stayed at previously where they bought all their glasses from IKEA (inexpensive!) and got the etched by a local guy to have their logo on each glass. They also had pre-printed paper covers for the glasses.
As new Innkeepers, I think we will opt for glass, too. (Except by the pool where we require acrylic or plastic!)
--Eriks.
Welcome! Your place looks great? You do need some shots of your guest room so people know what to expect.
Do you know Jeff & Mac at Maury Place? If not, make sure you get acquainted. You should also talk to the Director at BBAV and join the association. Lots of great help there for you. Best wishes!

we have nice plastic glasses in the bathroom and real glass in the bedroom on the tray with the tea and coffee etc. in 5 years maybe 2 glasses broken. But was at my whole saler and they sell plastic glasses that you wouldn't know weren't glass till you picked them up. they also sell the sealed plastic ones in http://www.outofeden.co.uk/products-Glass-Wrappers~7270.htm if you want to use your own glasses. think they are a good idea simply in case people drop them in the bathroom and then step on them, Especially if you have a hot tub and people are in it with glasses

We use glasses in the bathrooms. And we have champagne glasses in the room. Wine glasses available for the guests in the tasting room. I don't like paper or plastic.
Riki.
Same as Riki here...... not a big plastic or paper fan....Mary in Bwater
shades_smile.gif

Welcome Stonehenge!
welcome.gif

Our guests for three nights checked out yesterday from Chesterfield.

I break glasses hauling them down the stairs. So I have plastic wrapped and stacked (usually 6 per room) in the guest bathrooms. I do have a couple rooms with carafes and glasses if they really want to use them, but they are not set up for reg use.
I have reg glasses, wine glasses and mugs in our guest fridge/tea kettle area.

--Eriks.
welcome.gif
Stonehenge! Jump right in........

Hi Stonehenge - I'm your neighbor (almost) in Blackstone - Welcome to the forum!

Hi Stonehenge - I'm your neighbor (almost) in Blackstone - Welcome to the forum!.
Wow! So many nice welcomes! Glad I stumbled upon this forum! Klaus and I are brand new to innkeepeing and we're still getting our touches together. I'm sure this forum will be highly valuable and we hope we can help others, too!

--Eriks.
Welcome from Ohio!!!
welcome.gif

American Hotel register has a sale on them right now, about $35 for 1000

Doesn't anyone stick their face under the faucet anymore ?.
One Day said:
Doesn't anyone stick their face under the faucet anymore ?
Just me.
wink_smile.gif
Altho, given how many glasses are never touched, I'm not the only one. I think guests have all heard enough horror stories about hotel bathroom glasses tht they don't even want to think about it.

Does anyone have a source for the indiviually wrapped plastic cups? Is there such an animal as an individually wrapped styrofoam cup? We have those for the in room coffee to-go cups.

Does anyone have a source for the indiviually wrapped plastic cups? Is there such an animal as an individually wrapped styrofoam cup? We have those for the in room coffee to-go cups..
Proud Texan said:
Does anyone have a source for the indiviually wrapped plastic cups? Is there such an animal as an individually wrapped styrofoam cup? We have those for the in room coffee to-go cups.
Scroll up the thread.........several had posted links
Wrapped plastic 1,000 for $36 or so.....seems like a good way to go

Hi Stonehenge - I'm your neighbor (almost) in Blackstone - Welcome to the forum!.
Wow! So many nice welcomes! Glad I stumbled upon this forum! Klaus and I are brand new to innkeepeing and we're still getting our touches together. I'm sure this forum will be highly valuable and we hope we can help others, too!
Welcome from the Pacific Northwest!
cheers.gif

Back