Glasses in bathroom

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do any of you cover your glasses after they have been washed? i.e. plastic wrap?
We have a couple of wine glasses in each room, but we just place them on their sides in a basket with a corkscrew and wine stopper. I generally wash them even if they haven't been used, but I'm thinking there has to be a better way.
I'd like to see if I can have a small shelf made where I could hang the glasses beneath it and store the corkscrew and stopper on top.

Do any of you cover your glasses after they have been washed? i.e. plastic wrap?
We have a couple of wine glasses in each room, but we just place them on their sides in a basket with a corkscrew and wine stopper. I generally wash them even if they haven't been used, but I'm thinking there has to be a better way.
I'd like to see if I can have a small shelf made where I could hang the glasses beneath it and store the corkscrew and stopper on top..
Glasses in the bathroom are up on a glass shelf sitting upside down on paper coasters. All the other glassware we have is in the guest area on a shelf. I like the idea of a small rack you could put the wine glasses on. We have a small corner shelf in one room where the PO's used to put wine glasses but you had to reach up over the fireplace to get at them and one guest knocked the shelf off the wall so we did away with putting glasses up there.

I'd like to see if I can have a small shelf made where I could hang the glasses beneath it and store the corkscrew and stopper on top..
Glasses in the bathroom are up on a glass shelf sitting upside down on paper coasters. All the other glassware we have is in the guest area on a shelf. I like the idea of a small rack you could put the wine glasses on. We have a small corner shelf in one room where the PO's used to put wine glasses but you had to reach up over the fireplace to get at them and one guest knocked the shelf off the wall so we did away with putting glasses up there.
Morticia said:
We have been talking about getting paper coasters with our logo on them. That would definitely be a good use for them.

Morticia said:
We have been talking about getting paper coasters with our logo on them. That would definitely be a good use for them.
Proud Texan said:
Morticia said:
MEASURE your glasses! We took the coasters with us to the store and bought glasses that fit ON the coasters. A remarkable number of glasses will not fit nicely on the coaster. (Yes, we are odd when we go shopping...opening up the boxes of glasses and laying the coaster on the shelf in the store and then putting the glass on top!)

I took the drinking glasses for guest rooms right out of the dishwasher and put plastic wrap on the top. They were inverted on a paper coaster in the rooms as well. Our guests did use them all the time. They also saw their glasses leave and get replaced with different glasses during their stay (I have a variety). Wine glasses were in the guest service area, along with larger drinking glasses and coffee mugs. Rooms in our second house house had cabinetry where clean glasses and dishes were stored.

Back