Glasses in bathroom

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MTLLodge

Reaction score
Do you have glasses in your bathroom? Are they plastic, glass or disposable?

I have glasses made out of fairly heavy glass. I also have a Dixie cup dispenser in each bathroom. Also coasters, which aren't always used. That way guests can choose whatever they want to use.

We have glasses in the bedroom area, along with a water carafe and small ice bucket - and they are glass. We change out the used ones every day, run them through the dishwasher - and in seven years we've never had a guest break a glass in the guest room or bathroom. We break them all the time carrying them up and down the stairs.

In the bathrooms we have individually wrapped plastic cups. In our dining room we have a selection of glass wine and highball glasses. I don't think a guest has ever broken one, we've broken plenty of them...most memorably when I crashed into hubs carrying a tray full of them through our swinging door between the kitchen and dining room...yikes!

we just switched to glass water carafes and drinking glasses. We also have disposable cups in the bathroom. We've broken carafes but no guest has.

I have wine glasses in each room, and Dixie Cups in a decorative dispenser in the bathroom. Used to have glass tumblers in the bathrooms, but they took up too much room on precious surface space. Plus, hardly anyone used them, which is odd, since the Dixie Cups do get used, by nearly every guest.

I have wine glasses in each room, and Dixie Cups in a decorative dispenser in the bathroom. Used to have glass tumblers in the bathrooms, but they took up too much room on precious surface space. Plus, hardly anyone used them, which is odd, since the Dixie Cups do get used, by nearly every guest..
Little Blue said:
Plus, hardly anyone used them, which is odd, since the Dixie Cups do get used, by nearly every guest.
Not odd - they've just seen all those exposes on TV where the chambermaids clean the hotel glasses with dirty rags. I never, ever use a hotel glass or coffee mug now.

Used to have glass and it was ME who would break them bringing them down the stairs, too many things to carry, guests already bring up coffee cups, wine glasses. So I went with plastic wrapped plastic cups.
GLASS for drinks/wine etc is in the dining room in the guest area. The CUPS in the bathrooms are wrapped so I know if they were used or not, glass would have to be washed or traded out with every guest. Guests can also take them if they need a couple spares, I put 4 to 6 stacked in each bathroom, reg size 8 oz I think.

I have a stack - and I mean a STACK (2 actually) of individually wrapped plastic glasses in eace bathroom. They can take them if needed. The guests - and I - know when they have been used, no guessting. I do not have to worry about broken glass - one bathrrom has linoleum floor but the other has tile.
I have wine goblets and ice tea goblets that I give guests when they want wine glasses or a pitcher of ice water etc. No problem with glass in the guest room. I just do not want it in the bathroom where there will be bare feet.

individually wrapped plastic
i also had some awesome acrylic wine glasses ... look like glass ... go in the dishwasher. guests loved them in the library, in their rooms, in the tub ...
if anyone broke a glass in the bathroom, it would probably be me. rushing to clean or whatever.

All my rooms have 2 bathroom glasses, and 2 wine glasses. The bathroom glasses are double old fashion glasses which serve a multitude of uses. Toss in dishwasher to clean and sanitize.
My personal preference is not to add to our landfills with disposable plastic ware.

We use disposable Dixie cups. Many have already alluded to the T.V. exposing hotels that had poor housekeeping practices and we figure whats the point of having to wonder if a guest used it once and rinsed it out and set it back on the vanity. I would be too nervous about the germs and want to wash the glasses each time after a guest was in the room irregardless if they used them or not. For us, Dixie's are easier, they use them and throw them away.
When ever I go to a B&B, I never drink out of the cup in the bathroom if its glass and just sitting there. Might if its wrapped, but it would need to look like it was done by the innkeeper and not the guest re-wrapping it after using it.
Here is the place we get many of our toiletries if anyone is interested, they also carry cups.
mayfairhotelsupply.com/

All my rooms have 2 bathroom glasses, and 2 wine glasses. The bathroom glasses are double old fashion glasses which serve a multitude of uses. Toss in dishwasher to clean and sanitize.
My personal preference is not to add to our landfills with disposable plastic ware..
The Farmers Daughter said:
My personal preference is not to add to our landfills with disposable plastic ware.
here's an idea
http://letsgogreen.biz/pages/utensils/cupsmain.html
''These compostable/biodegradable cold cups from Eco Products™ are made from corn! With the same look and feel as clear plastic cups, these cups are an environmentally friendly alternative to plastic.
These cups are designed to compost in 45-60 days''
and you can purchase them individually wrapped in paper

We use glasses in the bathrooms. And we have champagne glasses in the room. Wine glasses available for the guests in the tasting room. I don't like paper or plastic.
Riki

Well, I guess I really can't make up my mind. I have both red plastic solo cups and a glass inside the medicine cabinet, with a note to that effect on the bathroom mirror. Sometimes I also use tiny Dixie cups.
I also have two sets of wine glasses downstairs on the mini fridge, as you come in.

Back