Gluten Free breakfast

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mooseberry

Reaction score
Got a big family coming and their little ones can not have any type of gluten.
Since the kids are little they are probably not too picky.
What can you recommend for gluten free ?

Or Scrambled eggs. Or cornmeal mush with maple syrup. Both are easy and inexpensive.

Find out what they CAN eat. Can they have other grains, rice, corn, oats? If so, most of your recipes can be adapted. Rice krispies, corn bread, rice flour & oat flour can be substituted for regular flour in most recipes. Bob's Red Mill has some great gluten free mixes, their brownie mix is WONDERFUL, better than Ghirardelli!
Otherwise, just serve them everything else (fruit, eggs, meat, potatoes) . Make sure your meats don't have gluten fillers, check all your labels.

Try this website:
http://www.celiac.com/categories/Gluten%252dFree-Recipes/
One of our most stringent gluten-free and favorite guests turned us onto the site because she went on and on in the blog section about "Her Royal Highnesses" ability to fully cater to her needs during their last stay.
Not that she didn't also do it the first stay, but this last time was longer and I think the daily variety was noticed more.

Fruit, eggs, cheese, meat - just serve it all in whole forms as that is what is best for us anyway.

Check before serving oatmeal. Unless you can buy the kind labeled gluten-free, oats contain gluten. So does rye.

Check before serving oatmeal. Unless you can buy the kind labeled gluten-free, oats contain gluten. So does rye..
You can buy gluten free oatmeal, the problem is, if it's celiac disease or severe allergy, often the person is allergic to the oats and other grains in addition to the wheat gluten. Bob's red mill sells gluten free oats.

When told there is a problem with gluten, your next words should be, Can you have.......... ASK what is acceptable. I always ask if brown rice and soy flours are OK. I try to keep both on hand and can make bread or biscuits if those are OK.

Do NOT give oatmeal! My sister has celiac disease and even "gluten'-free" oatmeal bothers her!!!!

There is a quick little thing you can do with half gluten free flour Bob's Red Mill) and half garbanzo flour. Make a meidum weight batter add a touch of salt and a bit of baking soda. TBSP of hot oil in my egg pan. Makes a savory pancake that you can sprinkle stuff on top before flipping it. Already sauted vegies or warm tibbits of meat or etc etc. Great with shrimp Sort of a cross between pancake and egg foo young

Oatmeal with raisins and nuts and a side of fruit..
Commerical oats are not considered gluten-free. They are usually highly contaminated with wheat. There are gf oats available from several sources online. www.glutenfreeoats.com is one of them but there are others.
Michael Thorn said:
Commerical oats are not considered gluten-free. They are usually highly contaminated with wheat. There are gf oats available from several sources online. www.glutenfreeoats.com is one of them but there are others.
I love all the recipes that are on there. Have you yourself bought from them??

Back