Gluten Free Pancakes

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Don Draper

Reaction score
Hey all, just wanted to mention that our local grocery store (it is small, and we are in podunk!) is carrying gluten free Bisquick and it makes really delicious pancakes! So nice to try something new and just have it come out "normal". Made the mix as directed and added fresh blueberries for breakfast this morning, honestly the taste was good, I would have thought they were just really "light" pancakes if I didn't know they were gluten free. For whatever reason I've not had success with any other brand.
Here is a link to the product's website, there is a "Product Locator" field near the top if you want to see where it is carried near you.

I bought a box a few months ago...a store out of town cuz we don't have much shopping choices here. Anyway, haven't tried it yet. Good to know it was good. Next gluten free guests gets it.

I actually have been using a recipe from a book called Everyday Grain-Free Gourmet, which tends to use almond flour. The recipes are gluten-free, low-lactose and refined sugar-free. The recipe resembles this one... goo.gl/NuL7Z
I've used it a few times already and they are definitely a hit. Make small pancakes, since they can be difficult to turn over. And watch for burning, because of the honey. I usually make waffles with it and freeze the extra. They definitely reheat very well in the microwave (not the toaster). I assume you could replace the honey with sugar if you wanted to avoid the hassle of dealing with honey.

Side note - Jiffy Corn Muffin mix is not gluten free - 1st ingredient is wheat flour. Had to point that out to an owner who thought he was making really good gluten free pancakes with his corn muffin mix. I wonder how many people he inadvertently made sick?! Don't forget to read the ingredients.

I have a gluten free tonight, tomorrow they get eggs, meat, potatoes and fruit.

I go spare with some people as its all on the packaging!! I have a big flolder with - this is the alergy and what they can't have its great.

I just used the GF Bisquick mix this morning with the upside down pancake (but I used thin sliced apples) that's on this site, and it turned out GREAT! You would never know it's GF. You could serve it to all guests and no one would be the wiser.

A gluten-intolerant friend recently told me about the bulk gluten-free cornbread mix at Bulk Barn. Best in a muffin tin instead of one large pan. Really good! I would serve them with confidence to gluten-eaters too. A good alternative to toast or biscuits with a savoury breakfast.
I haven't done so yet, but I'm going to try the cornbread mix as a replacement for the dry ingredients in my favourite cornmeal-ricotta waffles.

A gluten-intolerant friend recently told me about the bulk gluten-free cornbread mix at Bulk Barn. Best in a muffin tin instead of one large pan. Really good! I would serve them with confidence to gluten-eaters too. A good alternative to toast or biscuits with a savoury breakfast.
I haven't done so yet, but I'm going to try the cornbread mix as a replacement for the dry ingredients in my favourite cornmeal-ricotta waffles..
happyjacks said:
A gluten-intolerant friend recently told me...
Sorry but this is like the version of a priest walks into a bar joke, but for innkeepers! I felt I wanted to finish that line...
"A gluten-intolerant guest walked into an inn..."

I haven't done so yet, but I'm going to try the cornbread mix as a replacement for the dry ingredients in my favourite cornmeal-ricotta waffles..
happyjacks said:
Sorry but this is like the version of a priest walks into a bar joke, but for innkeepers! I felt I wanted to finish that line...
HAHAHAHA!!!!!! That is so funny, and true!

happyjacks said:
"and an ovo lacto pescatarian..."
"They sit down at the table with a diabetic vegan who is on a grapefruit diet..."
and said "pass the cayenne..."

Back