Gluten-Free Recipe - Banana Bread

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paisley

Reaction score
And one more. Again, when I made this, I would slice and freeze for future Celiac guests.
Gluten-Free Banana Bread
1/2 cup softened butter
3/4 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 cup mashed bananas
1 cup chopped nuts
1/2 tsp salt
scant 1/1/2 cups GF flour (I use a blend)
1/4 cup dried milk powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
Cream butter and sugar. Beat eggs one at a time. Add bananas and nuts. Mix in all the dry ingredients. Stir and bake at 350 degree oven in a greased pan for 50 to 60 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.

Thanks Paisley.
If you have more to share (and I hope you do), try using the "Recipe" link under the "Create Content" menu on the left side of the screen. This will add them to the recipe collection where they are less likely to get burried in the masses of posts in the actual forum.

Thanks for the recipe. Two questions...
1) Do I have to seek out a specialty baking powder or is baking powder already gluten free?
2) Did you mean 1 cup mashed bananas instead of mashed potatoes? (sounds interesting either way)
tounge_smile.gif

Thanks Paisley.
If you have more to share (and I hope you do), try using the "Recipe" link under the "Create Content" menu on the left side of the screen. This will add them to the recipe collection where they are less likely to get burried in the masses of posts in the actual forum..
Sorry 'bout that! I thought I had seen a recipe area on here somewhere but then I couldn't find it. Will do ...

1) Do I have to seek out a specialty baking powder or is baking powder already gluten free?
2) Did you mean 1 cup mashed bananas instead of mashed potatoes? (sounds interesting either way)
tounge_smile.gif
Oh good heavens! It is supposed to be mashed BANANAS. I think I took a phone call half way through. (Is being a strong multitasker a benefit to being an innkeeper? lol)

tounge_smile.gif
Oh good heavens! It is supposed to be mashed BANANAS. I think I took a phone call half way through. (Is being a strong multitasker a benefit to being an innkeeper? lol)
Paisley said:
(Is being a strong multitasker a benefit to being an innkeeper? lol)
Yes, it's pretty much a requirement.
=)
Kk.

Sounds good. Thanks for taking the time to put these up for us.

tounge_smile.gif
LOL I just edited the recipe to include bananas and not potatos. Here I was thinking...what a great idea, they probably have decent texture.

tounge_smile.gif
happyjacks said:
Do I have to seek out a specialty baking powder or is baking powder already gluten free?
Good question. All the places that I have dealt with always offer GF Baking Powder however, the "regular" brand I use (Nabisco - Magic Baking Powder) is GF - here in Canada anyway. Hope that helps!
I'm open to any questions about any of the recipes I've posted.

tounge_smile.gif
happyjacks said:
Do I have to seek out a specialty baking powder or is baking powder already gluten free?
Good question. All the places that I have dealt with always offer GF Baking Powder however, the "regular" brand I use (Nabisco - Magic Baking Powder) is GF - here in Canada anyway. Hope that helps!
Good to know. I only use Magic Baking Powder anyway.
Maybe I missed it, but did you say what part of Canada you're in? What area are you looking for your future B&B?

tounge_smile.gif
happyjacks said:
Maybe I missed it, but did you say what part of Canada you're in? What area are you looking for your future B&B?
I'm in the northwest corner of Ontario. (Its a huge province which takes three days to drive across!) I haven't really talked about our plans but I certainly will if they become more of a reality. I must say, the whole economy thing is throwing us for a loop!

tounge_smile.gif
happyjacks said:
I'm in the northwest corner of Ontario. (Its a huge province which takes three days to drive across!) I haven't really talked about our plans but I certainly will if they become more of a reality. I must say, the whole economy thing is throwing us for a loop!
The Soo? Thunder Bay? Kenora? I'm a fellow Ontarian (emailed you off-forum).
For two years when I was a little kid, my family lived in a little mining town called Ear Falls in the northwest part of the province. It was a two-day train ride from there back home to Kitchener.

Back