Gluten free recipes trying ... and sharing

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 26

Reaction score
i added a gluten free breakfast biscuit sort of thing today to the recipe section... having made them for my sister who has celiac disease (they think). anyway, changing her diet is helping with the pain she's been suffering so that's a good sign. but she is craving bread, rolls, etc. so i said, do you want me to try making some of these recipes? they don't require special kinds of flour, etc, which i don't have! she's on board.
the oopsie rolls were pretty good! a little egg-y, but we ate them with eggs. little bacon and egg sandwhiches. sooo ...
wink_smile.gif

tomorrow i am going to try making the faux pancakes to see how she likes them. and how the family likes them.
these recipes contain cheese, so they don't work for those who can't have dairy.

If you can find the ployes buckwheat mix someone in my book group said that was better than Bob's Red Mill for making pancakes.

If you can find the ployes buckwheat mix someone in my book group said that was better than Bob's Red Mill for making pancakes..
Madeleine said:
If you can find the ployes buckwheat mix someone in my book group said that was better than Bob's Red Mill for making pancakes.
STOP- the ploye mix is made with wheat flour. Buckwheat, on it's own, is gluten-free.

If you can find the ployes buckwheat mix someone in my book group said that was better than Bob's Red Mill for making pancakes..
Madeleine said:
STOP- the ploye mix is made with wheat flour. Buckwheat, on it's own, is gluten-free.
Penelope said:
Madeleine said:
The woman in my book group has celiac and she uses the ployes mix. She wouldn't use it if it was going to make her sick. So, maybe there are different brands that don't have gluten in them.

Madeleine said:
Penelope said:
Madeleine said:
The woman in my book group has celiac and she uses the ployes mix. She wouldn't use it if it was going to make her sick. So, maybe there are different brands that don't have gluten in them.
Ployes mix is not gluten free. Ployes buckwheat is gluten free.

Madeleine said:
Penelope said:
Madeleine said:
Madeleine said:
Penelope said:
Madeleine said:
I just checked my bag from Bouchard's in Fort Kent- buckwheat flour (GF), wheat flour (not-GF), baking powder, and salt.
You are right that some mixes might be different than others. I was hoping ours was GF for our daughter, but no such luck :(

Pancakes, bacon & maple syrup is always popular, making the pancakes with rice flour.
They have a different grainy texture, different, but very nice.

Made Bob R ed Mi ll pancakes with his pancake, gluten free, mix for my GF guest this week and she loved them. No special ingredients, just add add, milk and oil. (or substitute soy milk for the vegans)

Made Bob R ed Mi ll pancakes with his pancake, gluten free, mix for my GF guest this week and she loved them. No special ingredients, just add add, milk and oil. (or substitute soy milk for the vegans).
You can sub a 1/4 c banana for the egg and make it vegan.

Just went to dominos website and on the right side it said NOW GLUTEN FREE PIZZA!

Made Bob R ed Mi ll pancakes with his pancake, gluten free, mix for my GF guest this week and she loved them. No special ingredients, just add add, milk and oil. (or substitute soy milk for the vegans).
I'm so glad you said that! We had a vegan this morning and she said she would be fine with juice, fruit and granola. So, that's what we gave her. But I would have loved to have done pancakes or waffles for her. Now I know! Thank you
cheers.gif

I'm so glad you said that! We had a vegan this morning and she said she would be fine with juice, fruit and granola. So, that's what we gave her. But I would have loved to have done pancakes or waffles for her. Now I know! Thank you
cheers.gif

Or 2 tablespoons of water = 1 egg and unsweetented applesauce = measure for measure for butter, oil, shortening, etc

Back