Go Away Fay!

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's never a dull moment here.
As I sit here, I can see three sailboats washed up on shore. One of them was fairly new.
We're hoping the silver lining is that this this storm will have filled "Lake O" which is South Florida's fresh water supply. Haven't heard the lake level yet. Fay made a perfect pass by Lake O which would have given the lake the greatest amount of rainfall possible.

wow! filling a lake.
we had dry dry weather, then torrential rain ... too much at once in some spots.
keep an 'eye' on that hurricane. (not trying to be flip ... i know it can be deadly)

Is there still a drought in the south? The five day tracking shows Fay going up above FL... will that help alleviate the drought?
I remember back in Maryland we had a drought and we had two hurricanes come through and turn it around (tropical storms by the time they got to us, and much wanted rain).
=)
Kk..
Yes, we are still under drought conditions in Georgia. It's not as bad as it was last Summer. They were telling us if we didn't conserve enough and get rain they were going to start controlling how much water we could use in our homes! We stocked up on bottled water. This year we've been allowed to use outside water 3 times a week on odd/even address, but the kicker is, they are raising our rates because we've been good about conserving so they are not making as much money! So now we will be paying more for using less water! We're in North Georgia so we probably won't get a whole lot of rain from the Hurricane, but that would sure help us.

Is there still a drought in the south? The five day tracking shows Fay going up above FL... will that help alleviate the drought?
I remember back in Maryland we had a drought and we had two hurricanes come through and turn it around (tropical storms by the time they got to us, and much wanted rain).
=)
Kk..
[tr]Tampa/St. Petersburg, Florida Flights Rescheduled Due To Weather[/td] [/tr] [tr] [/td][/tr] [tr] Due to severe weather in our Southern Florida service areas, it is necessary to reschedule our flights to and from Tampa/St. Petersburg, Florida for Tuesday, August 19, 2008. Please see the revised departure schedule below. Please be advised you are still required to be checked-in at the airport and have received your boarding pass for your delayed flight, no later than 45 minutes prior to your revised departure day and time. Additionally, our flights to and from Ft. Lauderdale, Florida and Sanford, Florida may experience delays due to significant rain.
[/td][/tr][/table]to sanford/orlando
My baby brother is in Sanford.

Back