Go Jump in the Lake!

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gillumhouse

Reaction score
I have told you folks about our "adopted" son Reuben the News Director at the radio station we listen to. He has a habit of getting sucked into raising funds for charities. In 2009 he Chugged For Charity (drank 64 oz of root beer in 15 min and raised over $2500 in pledges) for United Way. In Nov 2010 he ate 12 HOT (hottest the restaurant served) wings in the time period that I cannot remember and raised about $1000 for the United Way.
Today he completed the Polar Plunge for the Mission. I was there taking pictures and had one of the old terry robes we used to have for guests ready for him as he came out. He said the robe was a blessing - ab=nd that he will do it next year as it was not as bad as he thought it was going to be. (I am shivering just thinking about it right now!) Today he had $710 in pledges. Reuben is in the white shirt. The cheerleader is one of the doctors who started this fundraiser several years ago. He wore the cheerleader outfit of the high school of the city the lake is in. Pon-pons and all! The temp was a balmy high 30s with a 20 mph wind to make things interesting. They had 2 fire dept divers in the water as a just in case.
BlogReubenJunp.JPG

Back