Go og le

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EmptyNest

Reaction score
take a look at this: http://q4launch.com/keeping-up-with-google/ and this.
And here is my web developer friends'take on it:
Some quick observations:
1) If you follow the ">>" (on the far right side) for each top level remark in the google reporting, it tells you what is actually wrong with each matter. In some cases you can address the matter by design.
2) There are matters which get right to the wordpress core, and for which at this time no theme can do anything about. An example? The spacing of tags in the tag cloud as one goes to mobile viewports.
3) Correcting one remark can result in the error rate dropping dramatically, if that error occurs because that content is shown on every page. Our initial observation is that the widgets and icons seem to present the most common contributors to the error rate.
We have looked at some websites done with various themes, and in many cases the so called error rate was 100%!
What do we make of this? Well, first we don't believe Google should be telling any webmaster how to design their site. Secondly, despite the jargon, all that is happening here according to our understanding is that google is indicating that the ranking of the website will drop on mobile viewports in respect of what order they display results for a search when on a mobile device. This is laughable.
Why? Well first most websites have minimal or no mobile ranking in the first place. As well, at this time we suspect almost every website is plagued by these issues. So what do you think the result of this will be?
Google desires a minimum spacing increment of 7mm between every element when in mobile, and really, all this hubaboo is about this desire on their part.
The above is a quick and dirty (and hopefully accurate) synopsis. But despite the "dire" nature of the google language, in fact in most instances this impacts the average website only minutely. I would not be losing any sleep over this, unless my website was only built and aimed at mobile users, and they accounted for over 80%+ of my traffic, generated solely via search results. Thinking about all the website built by our users, I don't think 1 website in a thousand fits that description.

I got not mobile friendly. Hmmmmm - I do seen to get a fair amount from the road though.
Not mobile-friendly
Page appears not mobile-friendly
Text too small to read
Links too close together
Mobile viewport not set
How Googlebot sees this page
This page uses one resource which is blocked by robots.txt. The results and screenshot may be incorrect.
Does this screenshot look incorrect? Learn how to let Googlebot view the page correctly.

I got not mobile friendly. Hmmmmm - I do seen to get a fair amount from the road though.
Not mobile-friendly
Page appears not mobile-friendly
Text too small to read
Links too close together
Mobile viewport not set
How Googlebot sees this page
This page uses one resource which is blocked by robots.txt. The results and screenshot may be incorrect.
Does this screenshot look incorrect? Learn how to let Googlebot view the page correctly..
Time for a redo of your site Kathleen :)

Back