Goal Setting Group - Q1 2009

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Two months down and one month to go to reach our 1st quarter goals. How's everyone doing?
Here are my goals and my progress:
1. Try three new (to me) marketing methods/venues.
Progress: Hooray! I've added three new marketing initiatives and will add at least one more by the end of the month.
2. Blog a minimum of 3 times per month.
Progress: So far so good. Plus, my blog is showing up well in google for some key terms, and I'm getting click-thrus to my website.
3. Fit into "those jeans" (workout cardio & weights regularly).
Progess: Not good. I need to light a fire under my behind or something.

Finish the text for my brochure printing and get it to the printer by the end of next week
Edited: Text done (thank you for the kick) now need to get to printer
Update: Proofed and ready to print - they will have atleast 250 foled and ready for pickup by Feb 13 (no rush on the rest of the 4000. All will be printed at the same time, it is the folding that takes time)
Latest Update (2-14-09) Picked up 1000 brochures yesterday. The rest are being folded.
Latest update: All done ready for pick-up
Finish retyping my cookbook (lost in the June 2007 computer hard drive implosion) No movement No movement due to next entry
No change - too much MABB, City, and next item
Finish decrapifying Library - I can see patches of floor!! Am to the point of refilling one tub and expect to have the 2 tubs combined into 1 when finished.
4 bags of crap (and shredded stuff) have made it to the curb. 1 tub filled with must retain crap is now upstairs. I am down to 2 chairloads and 1 pile to go through.
Managed to replace (and hook up) new printer AND got new set of phones that replaced a cord phone and an answering machine with phone base w/ans machine in it so I now have more space on my desk!!! The box of stuff to install high-speed Internet is due to be delivered while I am in Charleston so Friday (let us pray) I will hook up the high-speed. The hosting company told me we will just have to reconfigure my SEND configuration once I get it done. Wifi coming soon!!
Down to 1 pile. Both chairs can be used as chairs!! 5th bag went to the curb last night. Almost ready to start getting the taxes ready!! Broadband up and running.
Thank you for this thread. I really DID accomplish something this quarter.

Ok, I guess I've thought long enough...goals to be accomplished by March 31:
  1. Write one chapter/week in my novel. (Right, THAT novel.)
  2. Spend one hour/day (Mon-Thurs) reviewing publicity materials.
  3. Lose 5 lbs. (Hey, it's harder when you're older!)
Bree said:
  1. Write one chapter/week in my novel. (Right, THAT novel.) Nothing so far.
  2. Spend one hour/day (Mon-Thurs) reviewing publicity materials. Did that a couple of times.
  3. Lose 5 lbs. (Hey, it's harder when you're older!) Gained 2 lbs.
I'm not doing too well on that list. But I'm making progress on the website and getting unpacked!

1. Write one chapter/week in my novel. (Right, THAT novel.)
  2. Spend one hour/day (Mon-Thurs) reviewing publicity materials.
  3. Lose 5 lbs. (Hey, it's harder when you're older!)
Bree said:
  1. Write one chapter/week in my novel. (Right, THAT novel.) Nothing so far.
  2. Spend one hour/day (Mon-Thurs) reviewing publicity materials. Did that a couple of times.
  3. Lose 5 lbs. (Hey, it's harder when you're older!) Gained 2 lbs.
I'm not doing too well on that list. But I'm making progress on the website and getting unpacked!
Unpacked is definite progress! Good to get unpacked before it is time to pack again.

Why not just declare a State of Emergency so you can do whatever you want to?
Our governor declared a state of emergency, we had ONE day of snow and it is now a state of emergency. Here we had about 6 inches, the only snow this year, the most we have had since living here 5 years. Man this really is becoming a nation of sissies. Sure thing, go for the Fema money, whatever.
Sorry off the soapboax now. I just read that and got irritated.

Our governor declared a state of emergency, we had ONE day of snow and it is now a state of emergency. Here we had about 6 inches, the only snow this year, the most we have had since living here 5 years. Man this really is becoming a nation of sissies. Sure thing, go for the Fema money, whatever.
Sorry off the soapboax now. I just read that and got irritated..
JunieBJones (JBJ) said:
Sounds good to me...we had a bit more than 6 inches of snow.

Sorry off the soapboax now. I just read that and got irritated..
Yes they are sissies here! If they called snow days in Switzerland where I grew up I would never had gotten out of high school! As it is, with only 6 inches of snow, I was the only one to show up for work here at UVA yesterday besides my boss. And I was only late because my brakes were frozen and I had to wait for them to de freeze. My boss was running the classes with the director of the entire department helping her until I showed up. And there was one who lived in town who didn't show...she could have taken a bus!
Riki

OK... not a lot of progress on the short list.
BUT, eight bags of clothes packed up and outta here.
And a bunch of other stuff gone to Freecyle.
=)
Kk.

Excellent idea!!! I'm in:
1. I will make arrangements to place our rack cards in at least one Virginia visitor's center.
Edited update: Message left with state office of tourism for rates and procedures. Called the welcome center on I85 at Bracey, VA - the gal I spoke with was so friendly and helpful - she suggested I come with baked goods and info on our inn - I have a tri-fold board with some info that I can update, rack cards, and can make some mini-muffins/cookies/grey swan truffles and smile big! All I got to do is schedule this with them directly and it's free!
We took our rack cards to the visitor's center - what a nice center and got a tour. We'll get notified when tourism week comes up (in April, I think)
2. I will visit at least 3 area B&B's for ongoing networking.
Edited update: We're scheduled to visit 3 inns next week
Visited 3 B&B's, wrote followup notes and will do a followup call in a couple of weeks.
3. I will persue an energy audit of our house.
Edited update: I called an energy auditor $600+. We'll be shopping for better prices or do something ourselves. I did find a website that talks about doing self-audits. Now to call our town office who we get our utilities from for info.
Message left at town hall about energy audit, but didn't get call back. Will have to make another call in followup/followthru

Back