Good article!

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joey Camb

Reaction score
http://www.pressofatlanticcity.com/communities/lower_capemay/cape-may-bed-and-breakfasts-add-modern-amenities-to-meet/article_857dd306-45b6-11e4-a291-8756d1d634f9.html
For anyone trying to get BB's to work together - they are making it work!

In a place that is a destination they can afford to weed out guests they don't want. But no online reservations? Call to confirm your reservation? They want to feel the guests out first?
And 50% of their members closed?
Yes, you can do well in a market where your competition is shutting down but for how long?
We've lost at least half of our b&b's too. It doesn't mean everyone else is sitting on a goldmine.
My group does a lot of the same. We all know the amenities each other have so we can say, "this place has jetted tubs or gourmet breakfast or take dogs or has whatever." It does help to have a group.
I do like that their idea is to keep the money in the b'b's instead of playing a lone hand where the guests give up and call a hotel.

We have a local association, but it's he same old people that do everything, most don't even turn up to meetings. My aim for the group this winter is to have an online availability calendar across all businesses (or at least for all those that want to participate), it's going to be a tough but I see it as a major advantage over other areas and may take back bookings from sites like bd c

weve just redone our web site for our BB association - all properties are linked to their live online booking.
http://www.accommodationharrogate.co.uk/
feel free to make any suggestions

weve just redone our web site for our BB association - all properties are linked to their live online booking.
feel free to make any suggestions.
why didn't you use a 'responsive' wordpress theme? That way it will fit to tablets and smartphones automatically. This one does not.

We have a local association, but it's he same old people that do everything, most don't even turn up to meetings. My aim for the group this winter is to have an online availability calendar across all businesses (or at least for all those that want to participate), it's going to be a tough but I see it as a major advantage over other areas and may take back bookings from sites like bd c.
We have an on line availability calendar that gives you pictures of your B&B. And questions it ask pairs you with what you would like at your stay. IE: bathroom, TV, wifi, hot tub, and the list goes on. We only have 6 of the 28 B&Bs using this. The others preferred not to take advantage of this as it would show how busy they are or NOT!
But this system works great for the guest. As he can check off all the things he wants then the B&B or hotel or motels in the area that are open for the days he wants will pop up.
Also with your web site, showing the rooms you have open. Then he can phone and book or use your reservation system to book. A wonderful system . But they cannot get past the idea that we would see who is not busy!!!
Man oh man some times you just have to wonder !!!! This is a tough group of inn keepers. Trying to guild them to the light . It was not always like this. Things change and so do the challenges.

I think you covered the bases for what a person is looking for.

We have a local association, but it's he same old people that do everything, most don't even turn up to meetings. My aim for the group this winter is to have an online availability calendar across all businesses (or at least for all those that want to participate), it's going to be a tough but I see it as a major advantage over other areas and may take back bookings from sites like bd c.
We have an on line availability calendar that gives you pictures of your B&B. And questions it ask pairs you with what you would like at your stay. IE: bathroom, TV, wifi, hot tub, and the list goes on. We only have 6 of the 28 B&Bs using this. The others preferred not to take advantage of this as it would show how busy they are or NOT!
But this system works great for the guest. As he can check off all the things he wants then the B&B or hotel or motels in the area that are open for the days he wants will pop up.
Also with your web site, showing the rooms you have open. Then he can phone and book or use your reservation system to book. A wonderful system . But they cannot get past the idea that we would see who is not busy!!!
Man oh man some times you just have to wonder !!!! This is a tough group of inn keepers. Trying to guild them to the light . It was not always like this. Things change and so do the challenges.
our problem is quite a lot of our members are going into retirement, have paid off their mortgages and are only as busy as they want to be - which is fine for them - Me I have to make money!

why didn't you use a 'responsive' wordpress theme? That way it will fit to tablets and smartphones automatically. This one does not.
that's weird - ive only just tried looking at it on my tablet - ie had only looked on my computer before.
We paid for it so will get onto the guy and ask as it really should be.

Back