Good News From a New Innkeeper

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Samster

Reaction score
I just looked at a few of our reports since we are in the slooooooooooooooooooooooow lazy days of Summer here and wondering about how things shaped up for the first 6 months of this year. The first 6 months of this year are $8K ahead of our first 10 months in business last year! Also, up over 70 room nights. Yippee! July is running even with last year so far. People are booking more at the last minute, so I hope to be ahead despite our slow time.
Just got a call today to book all rooms for a week in mid-September. YAY! We are taking a shore cruise in early Sept (normally super, super slow) and had to decline a room for 2 weeks. boo hoo... I will need the break though so I won't be crying on the ship :)
I hope everyone else is doing GREAT, too! Dang it's hot here.....

Congrats! That is great news
thumbs_up.gif

Way to go! We have had a shift form the first half to the second half- perhaps deferred vacations, but we are in line to grow our revenue in 2009 despite a downturn in occupancy. We feel good about this because it means we are working smarter not harder.

Fantastic!! And enjoy your sail away, sail away......
I got my HS newsletter today and the current band teacher wants to have alumns march on the field during half-time of the game during the All-School Reunion. I cannot go to the Reunion because it is over Labor Day BUT I looked at my rez book and I have the pvt bath guestroom booked for Saturday/Sunday so I just blocked everything for Firday and we are going to go to the game and I am going to march, no I am going to MARCH (if it kills my knees so what)! I already e-mailed the band director that he is going to have a bari sax and I am bringing my own so he does not have to worry about a horn for me. Yes, part of it is deciding when things that are important to you the innkeeper are mor important than worrying about making the mortgage payment. There are times I just let Faith handle it and this is one of them.

We've just passed the one year anniversary of being completely open, all four rooms and a sign out front. So far this year our occupancy is up over last year, except for April. I don't know what happened this year versus last, but this year's April was absolutely dismal. Last year's wasn't great, but I didn't mind so much because we had a lot of construction going on.
It's not surprising that our occupancy is up, though, given that we have more of a presence now, and more rooms to pick from. June was good. So far July's occupancy is below last year, but I'm hopeful that it will improve. And last year we had a long-term guest here on a summer job so I'm not sure we can match that this year anyway.
Glad to hear things are going well and improving from last year!
=)
Kk.

Congratulations! All your hard work is paying off. Have a wonderful cruise. You deserve the break.

Congratulations! All your hard work is paying off. Have a wonderful cruise. You deserve the break..
Thanks, y'all. It is good that things are going well....not good when the part-time housekeeper doesn't show up yesterday. arrrrrrrrrrrgh! I'm still doing laundry because I stupidly waited to get busy until after she didn't show. boo hoo hoo
cry_smile.gif

Congratulations! All your hard work is paying off. Have a wonderful cruise. You deserve the break..
Thanks, y'all. It is good that things are going well....not good when the part-time housekeeper doesn't show up yesterday. arrrrrrrrrrrgh! I'm still doing laundry because I stupidly waited to get busy until after she didn't show. boo hoo hoo
cry_smile.gif

Samster said:
cry_smile.gif
I hate when that happens. We had that a lot 2 years ago. Always something. This year's girl has a lot of car trouble but she always gets here with someone's car!

cry_smile.gif

Samster said:
cry_smile.gif
I hate when that happens. We had that a lot 2 years ago. Always something. This year's girl has a lot of car trouble but she always gets here with someone's car!
I was in the second house working but she knows where to look for me if I'm not in the main house. It's not like her not to show up like that. I know that she's fine because she showed up for her other job in the morning. Maybe a family thing came up.

Congratulations! I hope things continue to go well for you. Enjoy the cruise!!

cry_smile.gif

Samster said:
cry_smile.gif
I was in the second house working but she knows where to look for me if I'm not in the main house. It's not like her not to show up like that. I know that she's fine because she showed up for her other job in the morning. Maybe a family thing came up.
But a call would have been nice....

Back