Good Thing I am Sitting Down!

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gillumhouse

Reaction score
DH decided that since we had a break in the weather (rain the last week and more to come) that I should bring out the mower so he could clean it up and sharpen the blade. After numerous trips to get this and get that - yes, M'Lord - I was released after listening to a tirade about why I have collected stuff and am stuffing goodie bags for a woman who treated me like crap (just because she was b**chy does not mean I have to be seen as being the same).
I was checking e-mail and I hear the mower running!!! DH got a new knee brace for his good leg and is walking better. Yippee if he can do the lawn again!!! I am not celebrating until after he finishes and I hear his complaints. I heard a clunk - hit a rock, threw the belt, and not it looks as if we need a new mower. No one works on electric mowers here. Now searching for a mower.... This one is about 14 years old....

Other than the this problem with your mower how did you like having an electric mower? I have always wanted an electric mower!

Other than the this problem with your mower how did you like having an electric mower? I have always wanted an electric mower!.
Once the kids learned to keep the cord away from the mower blade (do not run over it) so we could stop splicing the cord, it is great. A lot less effort to start, it has a safety feature that if you let go of the safety (it pulls up to be part of the handle) the mower shuts off- NOW. No differnece in how it cuts.
I met DH in 1974 and we were operating with a spliced cord then so he had had it a while. No kids managed to get electrocuted running over the cord.
We have a 100 ft cord. Does not work for acres but a town lot is great. They had a battery mower at Sears yesterday - too heavy for DH to operate and more expensive than we wanted BUT if we had a larger yard it would be nice - no cord to deal with, just keep the battery charged.

I really like our electric one... but dh tends to run over the cords. A lot.
=)
Kk.

Electric....
Haven't seen one used where I am.....more than 20 years
Most around here have some sort of lawn care

Electric....
Haven't seen one used where I am.....more than 20 years
Most around here have some sort of lawn care.
Well I am glad this one is lightweight because the knee brace was a bother so now it is history and yours truly is back to being lawn boy. Came c;ode to giving DH the hedge clippers where the sun don't shine as my sister says on Sunday when after mowing the lawn, with all the other things I had to do, he wanted the hedges clipped also.

Back