Google ads...

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Morticia

Reaction score
I just noticed that after the clock ticked over midnight, all the Google ads are for Ambien. Are they trying to tell me to go to bed???

My 10pm guests arrived after 1am. An innkeeper never sleeps til they are in. They had a self check in, but still...that hasn't stopped them in the past from banging on the door. Now I am a wreck. They better show for brekkie, that was in the note, let is know if you can't make brek.

Our supposed 6 to 9 arrivals came in after 10. Didn't read a frickin' word of the late check-in note

He just told me they were out having beers and that my directions need to be more concise. I have streamlined my directions 100%. There is NOTHING else I can cut out. He said "You need to take the landmarks out and just make it Turn Left Turn Right"
The landmark that says Black Dog restaurant on our corner? Uh no way, if there is anything that helps guests is for them to see the Black Dog restaurant. Graduation weekends are always just so much fun. Did I mention we have just two rooms at the table due to the huge cancellation.
My new policy - if you book MORE than 2 rooms (ie 3+) you have a 30 day cancellation policy. I need to go and add that, I am sick of getting stiffed.
1am arrival and complain to me about my directions...some nerve. How about sorry we arrived at 1am? GRRRRRR They had no problem getting here, btw, he just felt he could improve upon my directions. Any guess where THEY are from?

He just told me they were out having beers and that my directions need to be more concise. I have streamlined my directions 100%. There is NOTHING else I can cut out. He said "You need to take the landmarks out and just make it Turn Left Turn Right"
The landmark that says Black Dog restaurant on our corner? Uh no way, if there is anything that helps guests is for them to see the Black Dog restaurant. Graduation weekends are always just so much fun. Did I mention we have just two rooms at the table due to the huge cancellation.
My new policy - if you book MORE than 2 rooms (ie 3+) you have a 30 day cancellation policy. I need to go and add that, I am sick of getting stiffed.
1am arrival and complain to me about my directions...some nerve. How about sorry we arrived at 1am? GRRRRRR They had no problem getting here, btw, he just felt he could improve upon my directions. Any guess where THEY are from?.
My new policy - if you book MORE than 2 rooms (ie 3+) you have a 30 day cancellation policy.
Yah we have people that are always surprised that we won't give them a discount if they book all three cabins. They don't realize that booking all three to the same group only increases the odds that they will cancel all or part of their reservation and leave us more stuck than if we had rented to three "non-group" couples.
It seem that when you have a group of three couples one of them usually has something "come up" and needs to cancel or alter their reservation....and that always seem to cause the rest of the group to also alter their plans.

1am arrival and complain to me about my directions...some nerve. How about sorry we arrived at 1am? GRRRRRR They had no problem getting here, btw, he just felt he could improve upon my directions. Any guess where THEY are from?.
I am steaming mad for you! The absolute nerve of people. Kill 'em with kindness, just keep smiling...and charge a late check-in fee, unless you think it will cause a huge problem.
Grad weekend is half over if that helps...25 more hours and you will never see them again...deep breaths...
pita.gif

I am steaming mad for you! The absolute nerve of people. Kill 'em with kindness, just keep smiling...and charge a late check-in fee, unless you think it will cause a huge problem.
Grad weekend is half over if that helps...25 more hours and you will never see them again...deep breaths...
pita.gif

InnsiderInfo said:
pita.gif
He made sure to give me his card. I filed it already.
devil_smile.gif

I sent them a thank you email without a TA request. ALthough they just loved it here, I can't risk him telling everyone even tho they showed after 1am and tipsy my directions suck.
I felt like I had to back away when talking to them at check out as they kept getting closer and closer into my space and yelling louder and louder - okay that might give away where they are from. This ain't the city!

My 10pm guests arrived after 1am. An innkeeper never sleeps til they are in. They had a self check in, but still...that hasn't stopped them in the past from banging on the door. Now I am a wreck. They better show for brekkie, that was in the note, let is know if you can't make brek..
"They better show for brekkie, that was in the note, let is know if you can't make brek."
Did they show for breakfast??

My 10pm guests arrived after 1am. An innkeeper never sleeps til they are in. They had a self check in, but still...that hasn't stopped them in the past from banging on the door. Now I am a wreck. They better show for brekkie, that was in the note, let is know if you can't make brek..
"They better show for brekkie, that was in the note, let is know if you can't make brek."
catlady said:
Yes. The other room was from the same state so they had a shouting match. "Bless their hearts."

catlady said:
Yes. The other room was from the same state so they had a shouting match. "Bless their hearts."
I know EXACTLY what and where you mean;-)

pita.gif

InnsiderInfo said:
pita.gif
HAH! That's what I thought. Then you find out the kids never left the area so the parents come BACK!

My new policy - if you book MORE than 2 rooms (ie 3+) you have a 30 day cancellation policy.
Yah we have people that are always surprised that we won't give them a discount if they book all three cabins. They don't realize that booking all three to the same group only increases the odds that they will cancel all or part of their reservation and leave us more stuck than if we had rented to three "non-group" couples.
It seem that when you have a group of three couples one of them usually has something "come up" and needs to cancel or alter their reservation....and that always seem to cause the rest of the group to also alter their plans.
Yah we have people that are always surprised that we won't give them a discount if they book all three cabins. They don't realize that booking all three to the same group only increases the odds that they will cancel all or part of their reservation and leave us more stuck than if we had rented to three "non-group"
Last week I called the man who booked in January all 3 rooms for the motorcycle event in July to verify they were aware 1 bed in each room and still coming as I was getting calls for the rooms. "Don't give away our rooms" was the cry! Yesterday I received a check for almost half the total! Unsolicited! (I was nervous because the entire reservation was on one card.)
I have a thank you note in the mail acknowledging the receipt of the check with my thanks for their kindness in sending the check to alleviate my concerns. Provided a rooms x 3 = x % tax = ___ - deposit = due. Helps everyone. And I now know we will have 6 guys and I have their first names.

Back