Google alerts

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBloggs

Reaction score
I have a few decent google alerts that I find very helpful. I have our B&B name (even tho another B&B with the same name in Texas populates my reports from time to time) but handy to include ALL online, even blogs, in case someone blogs about your B&B, or even posts a photo in flickr or tweetpic, etc.
Now I have another issue.
If I were to put in "Virginia bed and breakfast" I am getting West "Virginia bed and breakfast" do you know if there is any way to eliminate that out of quotes section, as it IS FINDING what I am asking, but I don't want every alert for WEST virginia bed and breakfast, only Virginia.
Any helpful hints? Thx.

Can you add something like "- West" to the command? Or, "not West".

Nope, not that I can see, it is pretty simple. You just type in a word or phrase, I know the "Quotes" part from my own knowledge.
It is the same with google ads, there are those from inns I know in WEST VA that show up in VA. I am sure they don't want that to happen, but it does.

Nope, not that I can see, it is pretty simple. You just type in a word or phrase, I know the "Quotes" part from my own knowledge.
It is the same with google ads, there are those from inns I know in WEST VA that show up in VA. I am sure they don't want that to happen, but it does..
Joey Bloggs said:
It is the same with google ads, there are those from inns I know in WEST VA that show up in VA. I am sure they don't want that to happen, but it does.
With google ads, you can put in a list of negative words, but I don't see that you can with the alerts.

I tried this:
"virginia B&B's"
and then picked a word in the returned search and did this:
"virginia B&B's" - Maryland
And the returned search with 'Maryland' in it disappeared.
That was just a test run. You can do a test to see what your actual results might look like. (I wasn't signed in at the time.)

Oddly, this "virginia bed and breakfast" - Shenandoah
returned just results with Shenandoah in it. Back to the drawing board.
BTW, this forum shows up...

Try the - with no space between the minus and word
and use the main phrase you want out in quotes as well
"virginia bed and breakfast" -"west virginia"

Will let you know. I also tried "+" before the word inside the quotes. Will see what happens today. Thanks everyone!

Back