Google algorithm changes - 'Fresher content'

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Google has recently updated it's algorithm so that new and fresh content is ranked above older content. They advise that it has had an impact on 'static' brouchure type websites.
Every year, Google makes more than 500 updates to its search algorithm. The most significant update in 2011 was the Google Panda Update, now in version 2.5, which made some hotel websites obsolete by introducing very strict requirements for content, interactivity, and page download speeds. This required sites to generate engaging and unique website content (as opposed to old and tired content) that would intrigue users and increase the site’s “stickiness.”

Hi - Steve
There is no need to be offensive ............... like you I am just trying to give advice. My focus is on providing information to the owners of hotels/guesthouses/B&B's etc. I have had a quick look at your website and see the you focus on B&B's. When you start taking on more work again please contact me as it may be appropriate that I feature you details in our resources section.

Hi - Steve
There is no need to be offensive ............... like you I am just trying to give advice. My focus is on providing information to the owners of hotels/guesthouses/B&B's etc. I have had a quick look at your website and see the you focus on B&B's. When you start taking on more work again please contact me as it may be appropriate that I feature you details in our resources section..
webmarketing4hotels.com said:
Hi - Steve
There is no need to be offensive ............... like you I am just trying to give advice. My focus is on providing information to the owners of hotels/guesthouses/B&B's etc. I have had a quick look at your website and see the you focus on B&B's. When you start taking on more work again please contact me as it may be appropriate that I feature you details in our resources section.
Excuse me - this is a B & B oriented site. Why would you find Steve's response offensive? We are marketing AGAINST hotels who are all too often featuring "the B & B experience". Offensive? We have been kind as we fight for our right to make a living. We do not claim to offer "the hotel experience" - GOD forbid!!!

Hi - Steve
There is no need to be offensive ............... like you I am just trying to give advice. My focus is on providing information to the owners of hotels/guesthouses/B&B's etc. I have had a quick look at your website and see the you focus on B&B's. When you start taking on more work again please contact me as it may be appropriate that I feature you details in our resources section..
HE wasn't being offensive. Just pointing out the facts. We know him and TRUST HIM. Whereas you..we don't have a clue who you are or what you know...so why should we trust your random post?

Hi - Steve
HE wasn't being offensive. Just pointing out the facts. We know him and TRUST HIM. Whereas you..we don't have a clue who you are or what you know...so why should we trust your random post?
Thank you for your fair comment - you are right my response to Steve's post was inapproprite

Hi - Steve
Hi - Steve
Excuse me - this is a B & B oriented site. Why would you find Steve's response offensive? We are marketing AGAINST hotels who are all too often featuring "the B & B experience". Offensive? We have been kind as we fight for our right to make a living. We do not claim to offer "the hotel experience" - GOD forbid!!!
gillumhouse said:
Hi - Steve
Thank you for your comment - the points you have made have been duly noted

Back