Google Availability Searches

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Highlands John

Reaction score
I asked a few months ago if anyone knew how to get my own website on the availability search that now appears on google, I didn't really get very far.
However a week ago I had an email from Free2Book offering me a link to Google availability, £49 set-up fee and 7% commission on bookings. Seemed like a good deal so I went for it and am now set up.
When I put in dates an "official website" like appears and when you click it takes you to the F2B booking page. Cool. Got to keep up with those OTAs
Screenshot_2018-11-23%20pottery%20house%20b%20b%20loch%20ness%20-%20Google%20Search.png

I blocked bits just to maintain my anonymity on this site.

When I google for hotels in my town, my place comes up in Google's box of local hotels, along with the lowest room price and a Book It button.
The local chain hotel is the only other one that has room price listed and a Book It button available. They also give a link to my own website, right there in the Google box. The chain hotel and I are the only ones with these extras, because the others don't pay to get it. So the others are listed, but no easy way to book or go to their website.
The ONLY thing I pay for is my TA TripConnect affiliation. I pay them only for clicks. No setup fee, no commission. Costs me from $10 to $25/month, depending on the season and how many clicks I get.

Some other folks brought that up on another forum and said to read the fine print as you will be charged the commission even if the guest never shows up.
I'm not sure if that also applies to fake reservations where all the info is bad and you never get paid. Worth looking at before you need to know that info.

Some other folks brought that up on another forum and said to read the fine print as you will be charged the commission even if the guest never shows up.
I'm not sure if that also applies to fake reservations where all the info is bad and you never get paid. Worth looking at before you need to know that info..
All my Free2Book bookings are attached to Stripe for deposit payments, so no show means I'll charged the card anyway.
Same with fake bookings, no deposit, no booking.

HJ, I would think that Trip Connect would be cheaper in the long run....
I was having quite a good success rate using it (last 2+yrs) but recently had a glitch hit my campaign and TA has dragged their feet getting me back up and running.

beds24 booking engine, I believe, integrates with the google availability and I don't think it costs extra.

I was having quite a good success rate using it (last 2+yrs) but recently had a glitch hit my campaign and TA has dragged their feet getting me back up and running..
I'm on Trip Connect but the success rate of that is pretty poor, even with the availability link.

I was having quite a good success rate using it (last 2+yrs) but recently had a glitch hit my campaign and TA has dragged their feet getting me back up and running..
I'm on Trip Connect but the success rate of that is pretty poor, even with the availability link.
Highlands John said:
I would consider giving a little while before calling it quits with TC, with Google now picking up those rates, you may have more success than the past as it was only being shown to those looking at your TA listing. Now it is shown on your Google My Business listing and also on Google Maps.
Are not appearing in the Google search with your TC rates?
It may not be due to lack of price then but the fact that Google has changed the map search size. (this has affected my listing, My location and price appear on the map, but are not covered under the nice pictured list unless they scroll on the map. It sucks! If someone searches "my town bed and breakfast" hotels pop up in that map list before my listing.

Highlands John said:
I would consider giving a little while before calling it quits with TC, with Google now picking up those rates, you may have more success than the past as it was only being shown to those looking at your TA listing. Now it is shown on your Google My Business listing and also on Google Maps.
It may not be due to lack of price then but the fact that Google has changed the map search size. (this has affected my listing, My location and price appear on the map, but are not covered under the nice pictured list unless they scroll on the map. It sucks! If someone searches "my town bed and breakfast" hotels pop up in that map list before my listing.
Copperhead said:
Highlands John said:
I would consider giving a little while before calling it quits with TC, with Google now picking up those rates...
What a big improvement over a couple of years ago when, if they didn't have your info, they would tell people, "We show no availability for your selected dates."

Highlands John said:
Copperhead said:
Highlands John said:
I would consider giving a little while before calling it quits with TC, with Google now picking up those rates...
What a big improvement over a couple of years ago when, if they didn't have your info, they would tell people, "We show no availability for your selected dates."
Arks said:
Copperhead said:
Highlands John said:
Well now if Google would show the searched for information first in maps that would be delightful!

Highlands John said:
Copperhead said:
Highlands John said:
Arks said:
Copperhead said:
Highlands John said:
Well now if Google would show the searched for information first in maps that would be delightful!
Copperhead said:
Arks said:
Copperhead said:
Highlands John said:
Lo and Behold, they are now refining results to B&Bs first!!!!

Highlands John said:
Copperhead said:
Highlands John said:
Arks said:
Copperhead said:
Highlands John said:
Copperhead said:
Arks said:
Copperhead said:
Highlands John said:
Momma Smurf said:
Copperhead said:
Arks said:
Copperhead said:
Highlands John said:
Well the search I did this am did not give me that result.... hope it is coming this way soon.

Highlands John said:
Copperhead said:
Highlands John said:
Arks said:
Copperhead said:
Highlands John said:
Copperhead said:
Arks said:
Copperhead said:
Highlands John said:
Momma Smurf said:
Copperhead said:
Arks said:
Copperhead said:
Highlands John said:
Well the search I did this am did not give me that result.... hope it is coming this way soon.
I wonder if the Class Action Lawsuit had anything to do with it.

Highlands John said:
Copperhead said:
Highlands John said:
Arks said:
Copperhead said:
Highlands John said:
Copperhead said:
Arks said:
Copperhead said:
Highlands John said:
Momma Smurf said:
Copperhead said:
Arks said:
Copperhead said:
Highlands John said:
Well did they actually file?

Or even make contact?

Never heard anything past the initial webcast!

Highlands John said:
Copperhead said:
Highlands John said:
Arks said:
Copperhead said:
Highlands John said:
Copperhead said:
Arks said:
Copperhead said:
Highlands John said:
Momma Smurf said:
Copperhead said:
Arks said:
Copperhead said:
Highlands John said:
Well did they actually file?

Or even make contact?

Never heard anything past the initial webcast!
Both AIHP and PAII have filed AmicusPetitions or whatever it is called. It has been filed in California.

Back