Google business scam call

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CSMaine

Reaction score
I received a recorded call from "Google" notifying us that our Google Business account needed to be verified. The recording directed me to press 1 to verify or 2 to close the business account/ listing. I did neither and hung up, knowing the listing was fine. It did make me do a check on it online though. LOL.

This is a common spam call. I sometimes get 2-3 in a day. Your best bet is to just hang up.

Anytime you hear the word "Google" in a telephone call, immediately hang up. Google never calls anyone by phone.

Anytime you hear the word "Google" in a telephone call, immediately hang up. Google never calls anyone by phone..
I've actually had GoogleAds call me. But they more than understood when I asked them to prove it. They were quite helpful with trying to get me to spend on Adwords in a more targeted fashion. But they were specific about calling from Google Adwords... not saying they were calling from Google.

Google actually has a special web page for complaining about partners who identify themselves as Google... it's the easiest way to get yourself kicked out of any deal with them.

Anytime you hear the word "Google" in a telephone call, immediately hang up. Google never calls anyone by phone..
They do in fact.
I get occasional calls from Google about my adwords account, they talk me through changes to my adwords to improve clicks, I know it's google because they know details about my adwords campaigns that a cold caller wouldn't.
I've also had a call from Google because they'd had a report that our business was closed and they wanted to confirm if this was true or not.
On the other hand I get a call from a company called Smart Media Solutions pretending that we've paid them in the past to put us on Google maps and telling us if we don't pay again they'll remove us. This is a scam!

Back