Google Chrome?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Morticia

Reaction score
Just downloaded this and not sure if it's worth it. Anyone else using it? I won't use it until I see someone has come out with an ad blocker.

Haven't used it yet. But afraid I'll have to use it for testing purposes as more people start using it.

Haven't used it yet. But afraid I'll have to use it for testing purposes as more people start using it..
Good idea. I'll see how my website looks.
It loads pretty quickly and looks pretty much the same. Interesting that if you start off just entering 'www' it brings up 'most popular searches' and the list is mostly myspace, youtube and the like. It took 7 characters from my site before it asked me if this was what I wanted. Not bad, I guess, given what I am competing with right now with the first word in my name!

i installed it, used it for about 2 minutes, then removed it from my computer.
i couldn't find my bookmarks ... not really wanting to play with something new just now.

I'm going to try it since it's supposed to load faster than IE and give you more security against cookies.
On the other hand, has anyone heard the rumor that Webervations is to be sold???? Willie is no longer there - working for Acorn now.
If they sell there goes my affordable online reservations. I have a form builder software I use for my tours which is free and works very well. I'll have to check their cost to upgrade to the credit card protection. I don't think with two suites I can afford any of the other online reservation systems, and this form software lets me create my own reservation page.
Riki

I'm going to try it since it's supposed to load faster than IE and give you more security against cookies.
On the other hand, has anyone heard the rumor that Webervations is to be sold???? Willie is no longer there - working for Acorn now.
If they sell there goes my affordable online reservations. I have a form builder software I use for my tours which is free and works very well. I'll have to check their cost to upgrade to the credit card protection. I don't think with two suites I can afford any of the other online reservation systems, and this form software lets me create my own reservation page.
Riki.
Hmmmm that is interesting....Willie at Acorn...not something I would have thought..but you never know. The company will still be there surely. David was owner as far as I knew.

Riki.
Hmmmm that is interesting....Willie at Acorn...not something I would have thought..but you never know. The company will still be there surely. David was owner as far as I knew.
Yes, David is the owner. Most of the people I know called Willie for help and will miss him.
Riki

Riki.
Yes, David is the owner. Most of the people I know called Willie for help and will miss him.
Riki
I have talked to Drew most of this year. He has been pretty good at support as well. Should be interesting to follow this.

Dh and I were discussing the exstinction of OS where prgms will run on pc's and macs interchangably in the near future. I just can't keep up with all the technology as it moves faster than a nanosecond. We are all remembering dos and trying to actually operated a computer by programming. That was not that long ago - sheesh 20 years ago.
I got my 8GB HC SD card for $13.99 from buy.com no tax no shipping, and DH said "Do you realize you can put your whole computer on that!" This teensy little card right here. $13.99!!!

For me Google Chrome is SUPER fast (opening up, opening up new tabs, etc...) however, it does not have the Google Toolbar (ironic, isn't it?).
I believe Google Chrome uses the Safari engine. For us, Chrome has a very small market share. But FireFox did as well at one time.
lrg_Browsers%20-%20Google%20Analytics%20-%20Mozilla%20Firefox%201282008%2094140%20AM.jpg

Dh and I were discussing the exstinction of OS where prgms will run on pc's and macs interchangably in the near future. I just can't keep up with all the technology as it moves faster than a nanosecond. We are all remembering dos and trying to actually operated a computer by programming. That was not that long ago - sheesh 20 years ago.
I got my 8GB HC SD card for $13.99 from buy.com no tax no shipping, and DH said "Do you realize you can put your whole computer on that!" This teensy little card right here. $13.99!!!.
My first computer operations job I ran an IBM 360/Mod20! The first computer we bought for the kids was a Commodore 64 and 3 months after we bought it, the price was cut in half - the story of my life!! Ahhhh the differences since 1970.

For me Google Chrome is SUPER fast (opening up, opening up new tabs, etc...) however, it does not have the Google Toolbar (ironic, isn't it?).
I believe Google Chrome uses the Safari engine. For us, Chrome has a very small market share. But FireFox did as well at one time.
lrg_Browsers%20-%20Google%20Analytics%20-%20Mozilla%20Firefox%201282008%2094140%20AM.jpg
If any is looking for social web browser, you can have a look at "Flock" which is based on Mozilla foundation (firefox belongs to this foundation) and give you quick access to most popular social web, RSS, mail and so on. Top tool bar is similar to firefox interface which facilitate its usage for firefox users

I just got Google Chrome...downloaded when I updated Google Earth. It is kind of slick but does take some getting used to. I'll keep it around a bit and see how I like it. It is fast though

I am a chrome addict.
When I open a new window or Chrome itslef and it has all my fave's there for me to just click and I am away...I really love that feature. What a super time saver.
There are a few glitches that have intereferred with my usual stuff like copying stuff. It has some way to go for me as it dowloads the data vs copying it, which I don't like. I just want it to be a cut n paste job. But overall it is by far the fastest!! Yes using the toolbar to do searches threw me for a couple days and now I am into that! Way to go google.

Back