Google Direct Book - Anyone Signing Up?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Any more info on this anyone? I'm pretty interested ......latest info? THX

For years I've had the TA reviews widget on my website sidebar. Now that Google is becoming bigger in the reviews world, I just added a WordPress plugin called Google Reviews Widget, and now my website sidebar also shows my Google Reviews score as well as the first few characters of my most recent Google reviews.
reviews.jpg
My google listing has a 'book' button that goes through to the TA Trip Connect, which would lead back to my site. So far, so good. I didn't request the 'book' button. Its just the way they set it up.

For years I've had the TA reviews widget on my website sidebar. Now that Google is becoming bigger in the reviews world, I just added a WordPress plugin called Google Reviews Widget, and now my website sidebar also shows my Google Reviews score as well as the first few characters of my most recent Google reviews.
reviews.jpg
My google listing has a 'book' button that goes through to the TA Trip Connect, which would lead back to my site. So far, so good. I didn't request the 'book' button. Its just the way they set it up.
Anon Inn said:
This caused me to check my own Google listing, which I hadn't done lately. I don't have a Book button, but do have a "Check Availability" section where they can enter dates and check.
They call me a 4-star hotel. Can't imagine where they got that. I'm 5 stars with my 20 Google reviews. That's better than with the two sons of mothers, of 46 TA reviewers, that only gave my 4 TA stars though they had no complaints!
I hate that at the bottom of my Google listing it lists "People also search for..." and it lists 3 of my local competitors. Oh well, Google gives, google takes away.

The stars don't equate to rankings, they equate to level of services offered. You should check into this.
We were listed as a 3-star for several years and finally found out that by just noting that we answered our phones 24 hours a day (amazingly, we do) we qualified as having a 24-hour desk and thus could be classified as a four-star hotel.
That said, while every other site has us as a 4, Google says we're a 3.

The stars don't equate to rankings, they equate to level of services offered. You should check into this.
We were listed as a 3-star for several years and finally found out that by just noting that we answered our phones 24 hours a day (amazingly, we do) we qualified as having a 24-hour desk and thus could be classified as a four-star hotel.
That said, while every other site has us as a 4, Google says we're a 3..
Government inspector told us that we were almost a 4, if we made a few small changes... told him that I'm happy not being one.... they attract a different crowd that I don't want.

Think responded with an automated "we're working on it" message, which I'll paste below. I'm going to give them about a month, and then see about a third party. As much as I don't want to have yet another company to give commissions to, Google is the 800-pound gorilla and I can't be left behind, sadly.
ThinkReservations is working with Google’s advertisement to allow for direct booking, “Google Hotel Ads”. We’re currently waiting on Google at this point. We don’t have an ETA from them but we’re hopeful we will hear back from them soon so that we can continue down the development path to support Google Hotel Ads. It’s been a long drawn-out process for us as we started reaching out to Google about partnering with them back in 2015 when Google Hotel Ads was released. We’ve made some progress with them recently, however!
Have a great rest of your day!.
Followup with ThinkReservations:
We waited all summer for them to tell us they'd worked out the integration issues with Google. In August I wrote one of their VP's asking "how long, oh lord?" and got an answer that said they would be announcing something in about 30 days.
Well, it's now the end of 2019 and my recent email inquiries aren't even being answered. Very disappointed in them.
Is anyone using a third-party integrator while also using Think? If so, how does that work?

Back