Google FAVORITE

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EmptyNest

Reaction score
Has anyone heard from Google about becoming a GOOGLE FAVORITE? They send you some code / to put on your site. I hadn't heard of it and a client asked me about it. What's up??? ANother gimmick or what?

So what good is it? What does it do? If someone got it...it doens't show up any different in their local business listing. All I see if major cities. This guy is a small town in VA. SO how does anyone find him???
I guess this thing involves a decal the business gets which then phones can scan and get updates info, coupons etc. Too new for me. My phone won't do this.

Picture it more like a window decal (has nothing to do really with your online listing) that many cell phones can scan by simply pointing your phone's camera at it and it instantly directs the phone to the business listing so people could read reviews of your place before even knocking on the door. On the way out people could use it to quickly enter a review (double edged sword).
For a B&B in town where you get a lot of walk-ups it would be a great idea. For B&B's that are more off the beaten path, it is less likely to have any great impact.

I went and read up on it a bit. Looks like Google selects the places to receive the decal based on traffic. You can sign up to be considered, but traffic is what gets you the decal.Arrrgh. A popularity contest. NOT what I'm good at.
Here's the quote:
Businesses unlock their free business listing with Google's Local Business Center, allowing them to enhance the content of their listings with photos, correct hours, coupons and more. This also tells Google that the business' location is correct, so we can send a window decal if the business is popular enough.

I went and read up on it a bit. Looks like Google selects the places to receive the decal based on traffic. You can sign up to be considered, but traffic is what gets you the decal.Arrrgh. A popularity contest. NOT what I'm good at.
Here's the quote:
Businesses unlock their free business listing with Google's Local Business Center, allowing them to enhance the content of their listings with photos, correct hours, coupons and more. This also tells Google that the business' location is correct, so we can send a window decal if the business is popular enough. .
Believe me..this guy's place is NOT that popular.

Here's the quote:
Businesses unlock their free business listing with Google's Local Business Center, allowing them to enhance the content of their listings with photos, correct hours, coupons and more. This also tells Google that the business' location is correct, so we can send a window decal if the business is popular enough. .
Believe me..this guy's place is NOT that popular.
Because people click on the Google business listing doesn't mean that the person will actually like the business and/or stay at it. It seems to be rated just on the number of clicks.
I received one of these mailings last week and had never heard of it before. I won't be putting the decal in my window since I'm rural and you would have to know where I am to find me, so I don't see any benefit.

Back