Google Maps

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi guys - follow up on the problem with my business placement on Google Maps. -
To get this clear if you search my B&B by name, city, state or address, city, state, the red bubble with the A and pic icon show up on the map in the correct location... BUT the business name and bed symbol is located down the street and the street view shows my neighbor's leanto shed/garage... obviously NOT the view I want people to see when they search my place.
So, I contacted them (Monday) both through my account listing and as a general user providing the GPS coord. of my real location... Monday evening I recieved an email notification as a general user saying they will be checking it...
Today I recieved a call asking to verify my business address, then I started to explain the details of my request. It sounded as though he was telling me that they had corrected everything. He spoke with very broken English so even though I asked 2-3 times, his answer was the same and still difficult to know for sure...
Just checked the placement, the biz name and bed icon remain in the wrong location
cry_smile.gif
... I may be viewing through a server that has not been refreshed so will give it a day or two. Just wanted to give you the status update and to say they seem to be very quick to "work" on these issues. Now waiting to see if they really WORKED!.
copperhead said:
Hi guys - follow up on the problem with my business placement on Google Maps. -
To get this clear if you search my B&B by name, city, state or address, city, state, the red bubble with the A and pic icon show up on the map in the correct location... BUT the business name and bed symbol is located down the street and the street view shows my neighbor's leanto shed/garage... obviously NOT the view I want people to see when they search my place.
So, I contacted them (Monday) both through my account listing and as a general user providing the GPS coord. of my real location... Monday evening I recieved an email notification as a general user saying they will be checking it...
Today I recieved a call asking to verify my business address, then I started to explain the details of my request. It sounded as though he was telling me that they had corrected everything. He spoke with very broken English so even though I asked 2-3 times, his answer was the same and still difficult to know for sure...
Just checked the placement, the biz name and bed icon remain in the wrong location
cry_smile.gif
... I may be viewing through a server that has not been refreshed so will give it a day or two. Just wanted to give you the status update and to say they seem to be very quick to "work" on these issues. Now waiting to see if they really WORKED!
LATEST - Did another search... NOW the bed Icon is in the correct location, a purple bubble appears in the correct spot for the street address BUT now the bubble with the A which was previously correct is now pointed to that same neighbor's lean-to shed... I CAN'T WIN!!!

Back