Google My Maps

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EmptyNest

Reaction score
I think the other day we were talking about making interactive Google maps. I just found this video on how to. She makes it look and sound so easy. I may give it a try:)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TftFnot5uXw
Guess I'd better watch again..I created a map..but when you mouse over the icons...I don't see the name of the place. I put it in the description....anyone done this before?
embaressed_smile.gif

On the map I did you have to click on the icon to make the name come up.

On the map I did you have to click on the icon to make the name come up..
Yes that works on mine as well...but I want the name of the inn to show when you "mouseover" the pointer. I don't know if it requres alt text code and done in html or not? Can't seem to find the answer. I thought if putting the name in the description box..it would show up.

Yes that works on mine as well...but I want the name of the inn to show when you "mouseover" the pointer. I don't know if it requres alt text code and done in html or not? Can't seem to find the answer. I thought if putting the name in the description box..it would show up.
Do other maps you've seen allow the mouseover? I wonder if there is a way to figure out how someone else did it.
OK, I found one that does have the mouseover...while looking at your map, do a search on 'orchards'. Select 'orchards' from the list (not the others that are addresses). See if there's a way to figure out how they did it.
Heck, you might even know those people!
Never mind. That is a Google map, not a personal map.

Its not as simple as alt text. You have to code in an onmouseover event using the google map api. (means digging through some of the google help docs). Pavery has done a lot with maps, he probably knows the code you need off the top of his head. For me it would take some time digging.

GEvent.addListener(marker,"mouseover", function() {
marker.openInfoWindowHtml(html);
});
I've not done a mouse over. I just found the above on the below example.
http://spoyowo.com/test/infoWindowMouseover.php
It needs a mouseout event too I think... this one you need to click the close it.

Its not as simple as alt text. You have to code in an onmouseover event using the google map api. (means digging through some of the google help docs). Pavery has done a lot with maps, he probably knows the code you need off the top of his head. For me it would take some time digging.
Thanks but this was done as a freebie and i am not spending any more time on it. They can just have it as is :)

GEvent.addListener(marker,"mouseover", function() {
marker.openInfoWindowHtml(html);
});
I've not done a mouse over. I just found the above on the below example.
http://spoyowo.com/test/infoWindowMouseover.php
It needs a mouseout event too I think... this one you need to click the close it..
I knew you'd have it. Thanks Paul.

Back