Google Places Account: Your Monthly Performance Update

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBloggs

Reaction score
Google Places Account: Your Monthly Performance Update[/h1]Did anyone else get this? If you have your B&B listed as a business in Google they send these out now! I have to say I am impressed. It gives a ton of information. Each time I think the word B&B would bring up searches I am reminded that people type in "bed and breakfast" or "hotel" (just thought I would mention that to y'all).
On another note: Don't forget as well, when you list, when you reply to comments on something, try to get ALL your pages noted in google vs just the homepage, as we tend to use our URL homepage on everything, get some love going on all the pages. I just learned this a couple weeks ago and am trying to use my rooms page, sights of interest page, reservation page, etc when I post something or list some where.
From this email: 2217 impressions How many times users saw your business listing as a local search result
Top search queries Query Impressions
1. hotels 673
2.bed and breakfast 430
3. hotel 136
4. lodging 108
5. motels 79
6. b&b 26
7. bed & breakfast 21
8. bed and breakfasts 18
9. b&bs 17
10. motel
17 Other
total 692

This month:
2895 impressions
Hotels 1256
Bed and breakfast 517
Hotel 146
motels 146

I just got mine which are a little different because of the wine tour package with the tours
1 Bed and breakfast 5010
2. WIneries 1876
3. B&B 725
4. hotels 477
5. bed and breakfasts 463
6. wine tours 397
7. vineyard 360
8. bed & breakfast 268
9. breakfast 241
10 brewery 232
11 other 6412
Riki

Thx for sharing yours Riki.
Ours seems very low on the B&B side, so anyone who can offer insight into this or any of these results please share!
I laughed Monday when the innkeepers from NY State staying the night said something to me like "You are in a tourist location." I said "Who? Us?" Not quite. Not by a long shot, but we do all we can. I noticed that within these results further down blue ridge parkway was barely there. When I did google ad words a couple years back looking at search words, that was way down the list as well. I would think it would be a bigger search term, but it isn't.

Thx for sharing yours Riki.
Ours seems very low on the B&B side, so anyone who can offer insight into this or any of these results please share!
I laughed Monday when the innkeepers from NY State staying the night said something to me like "You are in a tourist location." I said "Who? Us?" Not quite. Not by a long shot, but we do all we can. I noticed that within these results further down blue ridge parkway was barely there. When I did google ad words a couple years back looking at search words, that was way down the list as well. I would think it would be a bigger search term, but it isn't..
Our numbers are helped I think by the press that the wine country is getting. The best thing I ever did was to list my B&B as "Arcady Vineyard B&B and Wine Tours. The wine tour aspect is what gets us noticed I'm sure.
Riki

Like a dope I just realised I could add other categories so now I will hopefully show up more for hotels lodging etc.

Back