Google Places getting face lift

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Copperhead

Reaction score
Well I have been hearing about some changes in the pike for Google Places here is an article of what to expect in the months ahead. Looks like it will be combining what they already have along with lots of what other sites such as TA, yelp, online yellowpages, and even groupon and rolling them into one place. They have only just begun as they only have a hand full of cities available, (check out Portland here) but it is coming.

Arrrrrrrrrrrrrgh. Alphabetical. Shoot me now.
Sorry, just noticed the drop down to sort by rating. And another drop down to select B&B instead of hotel.

I noticed things going on in the past couple of weeks. Google amherstburg bed and breakfast, we jumped up to #1 from #6. A lot of the defunct ones have been eliminated as well as non catagory ones. Looks like they are trying to get more responsive. Anyways it is working for us, but we are in a small market.
BBBBob

Arrrrrrrrrrrrrgh. Alphabetical. Shoot me now.
Sorry, just noticed the drop down to sort by rating. And another drop down to select B&B instead of hotel..
I would rather see it in map form las they already use in Google maps - why reinvent the wheel?
Don't care for the term 'filters' for the additional drop down - still so many people out there don't know what that means, would prefer it as sub-catagory.
The 'Offers' are not running yet and only shown on the Portland City page. From what I have read, Google tried unsuccessfully to purchase Groupon earlier this year and when that failed decided to do their own.
I have not given much thought of Google reviews in the past, if this takes off (like most of Google apps) we all may need to turn people to Google to review their stays.

Back